Possible bumble foot and wound healing

giwa

Songster
5 Years
Mar 9, 2018
I suspect my rooster has bumble foot. He never acted as if anything was bothering him. He hasn't been limping and is eating and doing everything he always does with his usual energy. But today I noticed what I thought was a hardened piece of poop on his foot and I wanted to get it off. I used a small stick to move it off but it lifted up and realized it was a scab. There was no bleeding so I went ahead and removed the rest of the scab which then it let out a lot of blood at that edge. I right away flushed the wound with water and went and called a vet (that could not see him today) that told me to soak the foot in Epsom salts and to bandage it up and change the bandage daily. I also sprayed vetricin plus on the wound before I wrapped it. Now at night I am reading about this and finding out there is a kernel that people are removing. But I also read somewhere to remove scab and pus without squeezing. I did not see any pus. There is a black scab like ring around the wound. I am very worried and fearful that he will get sick and I am wondering if I am doing things correctly 😭 I have never had experience with this before at all. He is sleeping right now with his bandage on and I wonder if I should go try to find a kernel or proceed with things as I have started. I love him dearly and I am so worried. I need some guidance. I feel like I have failed him somehow or that I am going to do so.

Back
Top Bottom