Possible colors with these combinations

Pampered chicken girl

🎶My angels and demons at war with myself🎶
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2022
I have a paint silkie roo who would father all chicks, these are the hens he has. What color chicks for each combo?
Buff orp hen
Blue orp hen
Sapphire gem
Barred rock
Columbian buff
Black white crested polish
Black copper Marans
Partridge? Or whatever color she is.
20220524_155735.jpg
TIA!

The paint male has one copy of black amd one copy of white.

So the white gene being passed would probably erase black on parts of the chicks. I think it also can lighten some red genes closer to gold, but I'm not completely certain on that.

The black would make a lot of black chicks I think.

I do know a gold neck duccle (Mille fluer with dominant white basically) mixed with a white crested polish will make white babies with small black and possibly gold patches (I can get images of this mix if you would like later), so I would expect something similar with a paint silkie and the WCB polish, but maybe more black if he didn't get the white gene

I have a paint silkie roo who would father all chicks, these are the hens he has. What color chicks for each combo?
I am assuming that he is pure for E (Extended Black), which makes a chicken black all over. And he would have one copy of the Dominant White gene, which turns black into white but lets some black leak through (paint).

With those hens, I expect:

Buff orp hen
Columbian buff
Black white crested polish
Black copper Marans
Partridge? Or whatever color she is.
Half of chicks black, half of chicks paint.

Some chicks may show gold or red leakage, especially male chicks who have buff or gold or brown mothers. Chicks of either gender might show some silver leakage (more obvious on black chicks than on paint chicks.)

Blue orp hen
Sapphire gem
1/4 black chicks
1/4 blue chick
1/4 blue paint
1/4 paint (black, not blue)

Barred rock
1/4 black pullets
1/4 barred cockerels (black with white barring)
1/4 paint pullets
1/4 barred paint cockerels (white barring, but only very noticeable when it goes over the black spots in the paint pattern.)

With the barred mother, these chicks will be sexlinks, but the only ones that will be easy to identify will be the barred cockerels. The barred paint cockerels won't be obvious. The black pullets and the paint pullets will be the same colors as chicks from many of the other hens (and from the other hens, those colors can be on sons or daughters.)

I am assuming that he is pure for E (Extended Black), which makes a chicken black all over. And he would have one copy of the Dominant White gene, which turns black into white but lets some black leak through (paint).

With those hens, I expect:

Half of chicks black, half of chicks paint.

Some chicks may show gold or red leakage, especially male chicks who have buff or gold or brown mothers. Chicks of either gender might show some silver leakage (more obvious on black chicks than on paint chicks.)

1/4 black chicks
1/4 blue chick
1/4 blue paint
1/4 paint (black, not blue)

1/4 black pullets
1/4 barred cockerels (black with white barring)
1/4 paint pullets
1/4 barred paint cockerels (white barring, but only very noticeable when it goes over the black spots in the paint pattern.)

With the barred mother, these chicks will be sexlinks, but the only ones that will be easy to identify will be the barred cockerels. The barred paint cockerels won't be obvious. The black pullets and the paint pullets will be the same colors as chicks from many of the other hens (and from the other hens, those colors can be on sons or daughters.)
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom