Possible colors?

Thank you . Was getting a bit weary of all the "expert" comments on my cage floor ignoring my initial question. It's quite rare that there is not bedding on the floor of the cages and I really didn't appreciate the lectures based on little to no information and only seeing one photo.

I decided I don't care what the opinions are since they all decided to make this their own personal critic topic, and put some eggs in the incubator this morning. Wonder how many critical comments "this" pic will get. lol
Well opinions are like butts, everyone has one and sometimes they stink 😂😂 jk lol.. Ive raised countless chicks on wire cages and brooders til they were fully mature, then I keep some as adults in wired brooders for selective mating. Im sure people dont mean harm just overly critical. Im not much on quail genes but chickens I always breed my boys hatched from the bluest eggs back over their mother to get good blue eggers!

For those who chose to lecture me about my cage floors from seeing one photo and not inquiring about it, here are some of the substrates I use. For the comment about having too many birds in one cage and not cleaning enough, the reason feet get compacted feces at times, count the birds in my cages.

Perhaps attempt to find out a bit of info before you make judgement calls on someone else based on one photo.
_00_9950.JPG
_00_9997.JPG
_00_9935.JPG

Last edited:
Well opinions are like butts, everyone has one and sometimes they stink 😂😂 jk lol.. Ive raised countless chicks on wire cages and brooders til they were fully mature, then I keep some as adults in wired brooders for selective mating. Im sure people dont mean harm just overly critical. Im not much on quail genes but chickens I always breed my boys hatched from the bluest eggs back over their mother to get good blue eggers!
I edited my comment to you and added a few pics.
And here's one of my coon just for kicks and giggles. The dark brown hens laying the celadon eggs are from my dark brown hens. So I have crossed those baby girls with the silver birds to see what I can get.
_00_9975.JPG

I edited my comment to you and added a few pics.
And here's one of my coon just for kicks and giggles. The dark brown hens laying the celadon eggs are from my dark brown hens. So I have crossed those baby girls with the silver birds to see what I can get. View attachment 2907195
Keep us posted on how they hatch and growout 🤟 Haha Ive caught a few coons this year but never raised one (not so much legal here in tennessee lol) I always bring them to a local park and release them so they can find greener pastures :)

It's not wire, it's plastic. And no. They get shavings made for chickens but they throw it all out of the cage quickly so they don't get it all the time.
Would you like walking on plastic bars? Why can't you have a solid floor and high sides? Even a hamster cage or a big fish tank would do if you can't get a finch flight cage or something.

Thank you . Was getting a bit weary of all the "expert" comments on my cage floor ignoring my initial question. It's quite rare that there is not bedding on the floor of the cages and I really didn't appreciate the lectures based on little to no information and only seeing one photo.

I decided I don't care what the opinions are since they all decided to make this their own personal critic topic, and put some eggs in the incubator this morning. Wonder how many critical comments "this" pic will get. lol
This is objectively about welfare; the only one who has made this 'personal' is you and I'll leave it at that.

Keep us posted on how they hatch and growout 🤟 Haha Ive caught a few coons this year but never raised one (not so much legal here in tennessee lol) I always bring them to a local park and release them so they can find greener pastures :)
Well ... so far 22 hatched, 3 are pipping and only 8 are left out of 33 eggs. They started yesterday. I lost one who appeared to be blind ... wouldn't open it's eyes and appeared to have Torticollis. It passed this afternoon. I was not expecting such a successful hatch rate!
101_1493.JPG
101_1492.JPG

Would you like walking on plastic bars? Why can't you have a solid floor and high sides? Even a hamster cage or a big fish tank would do if you can't get a finch flight cage or something.
These are finch flight cages and I put plastic netting on the bottom because rails are harsh on the quail's feet. They are not bars, they are a plastic coated surface, more comfortable than the metal rail bars in the cages. Most often there is a substrate on them such as straw or wood shavings.

Back
Top Bottom