Possible cream legbars? Hens or roos?

chickenjen40

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2023
These two are, I think, between 2-3 weeks old. We have never had chickens before and took them on because a friend got them for his broody hen, who rejected them. He has no idea what breed they are, but he seemed sure they are both hens. After much googling, Crested Cream Legbar seems the closest to what they might be. You can see that one of them is even starting to show a little crest! They are sooo sweet, love cuddles, and are very bonded to each other. My main concern is that one of them (the one with less distinct markings) might be a roo because we live in a neighborhood with strict rules against keeping roosters. As I said, they are very bonded, so we’d have to find a new home for the pair if one is a roo. I have fallen hard for them though, so fingers crossed that both are hens! Any experts have insight into what breed they might be and/or gender?? Thank you in advance! The one with darker markings is Lady Sybil, and the “roo in question” is Cheery Littlebottom :)
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg

These two are, I think, between 2-3 weeks old. We have never had chickens before and took them on because a friend got them for his broody hen, who rejected them. He has no idea what breed they are, but he seemed sure they are both hens. After much googling, Crested Cream Legbar seems the closest to what they might be. You can see that one of them is even starting to show a little crest! They are sooo sweet, love cuddles, and are very bonded to each other. My main concern is that one of them (the one with less distinct markings) might be a roo because we live in a neighborhood with strict rules against keeping roosters. As I said, they are very bonded, so we’d have to find a new home for the pair if one is a roo. I have fallen hard for them though, so fingers crossed that both are hens! Any experts have insight into what breed they might be and/or gender?? Thank you in advance! The one with darker markings is Lady Sybil, and the “roo in question” is Cheery Littlebottom :)View attachment 3628570View attachment 3628566
They look just like our cream leg bar chicks at that age

Back
Top Bottom