Possible dwarf?

Dlm2plus

Chirping
Jun 26, 2022
This is runt, she is a 10 week old brahma. I'm pretty sure she is some type of dwarf. She is still mostly fluff but does have some feathers on her wings and pin feathers on her tail and head. At 10 weeks she is a little smaller than my 5 week bantam. I don't see the traits for a thyroid issue so hoping she is just that rare dwarf. I got her from a local breeder who has never had a dwarf before. The other chicks in the picture are the same age.
20230625_144524.jpg
20230625_145034.jpg

When I had a slow growing/feathering runt I gave her some extra vitamins and protein for awhile. By 10 weeks she was mostly feathered though still smaller than her siblings.

This is runt, she is a 10 week old brahma. I'm pretty sure she is some type of dwarf. She is still mostly fluff but does have some feathers on her wings and pin feathers on her tail and head. At 10 weeks she is a little smaller than my 5 week bantam. I don't see the traits for a thyroid issue so hoping she is just that rare dwarf. I got her from a local breeder who has never had a dwarf before. The other chicks in the picture are the same age. View attachment 3555593View attachment 3555594
I have a little chick she’s 7 weeks old now developed feathers slower than her clutchmates they are bym so no clue what breed she is but she’s still like half their size but she’s still chugging along looks healthy and doesn’t get picked on as far as I can tell. Her legs are really short too so I was wondering if she’s a dwarf.

What kind of vitamins? I have some b12 think that might help?
So a little scrambled egg should have you covered.

Eggs are a natural source of high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. 2 The yolk of an egg contains a ton of important fat-soluble nutrients like vitamins A, D, and E, as well as antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin.1 Eggs are also rich in vitamin B2, vitamin B12, vitamin D, selenium, iodine, vitamin A, folate, biotin, pantothenic acid, and choline, and other essential minerals and trace elements, including phosphorus.

Thought I'd post an update. 1. Her new name is Midge, I didn't want to keep calling her runt. 2. She is 14, almost 15 weeks and other than the middle of her chest and butt she is fully feathered. 3. She is still only slightly bigger than my 9 weeks old bantams. The original breeder and my friend with the standard flock continue to monitor her progress and if she does have a late growth spurt we may move her back with a standard size flock. For now she is bonding with the bantams. She is smart and sweet and a little skittish but at least she doesn't look like she went thru a bad carcass anymore. I'm posting a few pictures of midge along with her sibling brahma from the same breeder, same hatch date, 3xs midges size.
20230719_194718.jpg
20230722_191610.jpg
imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

Back
Top Bottom