Possible egg bound

Debjay01

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2023
Had this problem a few days ago thought was doing better. Not entirely sure she has layer an egg. Gave her a soak in the the tub and took a picture of her vent. I believe she is a Starlight chicken going a year old. I did give her a calcium tablet before the bath nothing yet. Anything else I can do. She is very lethargic. Picture is a little graphic. But thought I should include. Again this is my qst sick chicken and 1year chicken keeper. She also whine a little.

Attachments

• 20240522_200451.jpg
    20240522_200451.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 75
Feel with your hand below her vent very very gently to see if you can feel an egg. Did you apply coconut oil around the vent area to lubricate it? https://www.wikihow.com/Cure-a-Chicken-from-Egg-Bound
Yes I did do that I do not think I feel o e but her vent looks like it is trying to do something. I have given you a Epson salt bath 3 days in a row. She still has not layer an egg. This same thing happened a week ago and after her bath she layer a weird egg inside of an egg it was a regular egg with a paper like membrane around it. And she seemed better so I put her back with the flock. Now she has diarrhea and not eating very much but is drinking water. Gave her the hydration flock to go into the water. She seems very tired so I have not put her back with the flock because they were pecking at her vent. Not sure what to do but wait. And keep doing what I'm doing. I also have been giving her calcium Citrate with d3 everyday

Yes I did do that I do not think I feel o e but her vent looks like it is trying to do something. I have given you a Epson salt bath 3 days in a row. She still has not layer an egg. This same thing happened a week ago and after her bath she layer a weird egg inside of an egg it was a regular egg with a paper like membrane around it. And she seemed better so I put her back with the flock. Now she has diarrhea and not eating very much but is drinking water. Gave her the hydration flock to go into the water. She seems very tired so I have not put her back with the flock because they were pecking at her vent. Not sure what to do but wait. And keep doing what I'm doing. I also have been giving her calcium Citrate with d3 everyday
I suppose that's all you can do. LAST RESORT grab the egg from inside her. PLEASE do research on it before doing it though.

Candling day tomorrow! The babies are doing very well. Incubator has not been keeping temp well, though. Was 99 degrees on hygrometer and 103 on incubator😲😳

Back
Top Bottom