Possible illness or infection?

Emily02037aj

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 27, 2015
Hello! I have a Rhode Island with a likely infection or illness. She acts semi normal despite mostly resting, having only large poops along with it on her bum. Most alarming sign is her rear end which should be soft and somewhat squishy (unless she has an egg) is rock solid, indicating an infection. The image is one of her stools, it hasn’t dropped those,,, yellow blobs but I wanted to identify them.

Attachments

• remix-f4875f83-63bb-4c1c-a218-94d4c6e029d6.png
    remix-f4875f83-63bb-4c1c-a218-94d4c6e029d6.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3075.jpeg
    IMG_3075.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 3
You are saying those yellow blobs are not from her? Are you sure?
I see what appears to be some of that also smeared across the surface of that dropping? It could be lash material or mucous, I can't really tell. A very firm/hard abdomen can be from infectious material building up inside, salpingitis or internal laying can be causes. A fluid filled abdomen can be ascites which can happen as a symptom of those or of various cancers, or organ failure. How old is she and do you know when she last laid? Is her crop functioning normally? Is it full, empty, hard, soft and squishy, etc? Check it first thing in the morning also, before she's had food or water, it should be empty then. If it's not then that indicates a problem.

Back
Top Bottom