Possible low temperature?

Htown guy

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 12, 2012
So Im 5 days into my first incubation. i have a brinsea 20 eco. I know i should have more then 1 thermometer
but i still havent made it to the store yet. Temp on the brinsea thermometer is staying perfect at 95.5. I candeled my eggs today and saw the first signs of fertilized eggs. small veins. Except they look nothing like the pics in the learning section on this forum in the candling section. they look more like the pics from 72 hours not 5 days. Could this be because the temp is cooler then the thermometer is reading in my incubator?

Could it be that the shell of your eggs make it difficult to see the veining properly? I had some eggs a few weeks ago that looked like they were behind or not developing at all, but it was just because it was difficult to see through the shell--they were developing just fine. Also, the candling done in those pictures you see posted online was done with a high-powered flashlight--if you're not using something pretty bright, it'll be difficult to see the detail in your eggs that is shown in those pictures.

Personally, I know my Brinsea thermometer reads a bit higher than the actual temperature, so it could be possible that your temp is a little low. I wouldn't crank the thermostat up yet though... Maybe get another good thermometer and see what it tells you, then make a decision about messing with the thermostat. Hope everything turns out!

Back
Top Bottom