Possible mites

ChickenMama1998

Hatching
6 Years
May 10, 2013
I have some 2 year old Hens that have not been laying for about a week and a half! We started adding oyster sells to there feed and still no eggs! i have also realized lots of feather loss. When i checked them some of them had very red skin! is that normal or could we have possible mites!

Greetings from Kansas, ChickenMama1998, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy to have you aboard! Sounds like it could be mites. You might post in the link below for more opinions and treatment advice. Good luck to you!

Welcome to BYC. You'll have to pick them up and visually inspect them for lice/mites, especially check the vent area. If you see any, dust them with sevin dust. Repeat dusting them again in 7-10 days. Dust inside their coop and nests in the same manner.

Welcome to BYC. You'll have to pick them up and visually inspect them for lice/mites, especially check the vent area. If you see any, dust them with sevin dust. Repeat dusting them again in 7-10 days. Dust inside their coop and nests in the same manner.
X 2 It is not necessary to bathe prior to dusting for mites. It is also possible that your hens are going into a molt. Check for mites/lice prior to dusting.

Back
Top Bottom