Possible prolapsed vent?? Coccidiosis? Please help

The b supplement won't mix in the water, the particles are pretty large and it will just sink. If I can't get it to eat it mixed in a tiny bit of moistened feed (if it's a tablet then grind it up, if it's a capsule empty it), then I will use an oral syringe or eye dropper and just do it one drop at a time onto the beak. When it runs into the crack it will swallow it. It's a bit slow, but works. It's hard to do orally when they are so small, but if you go slow and take your time, it can work. If the chick is eating, then I'd try to get it in mixed in a little food, moistened so it will stick. If it will eat some scrambled egg, you can try mixing in that, but when they are very small they often won't eat new stuff, just depends. Nutridrench is good, and is rapidly absorbed, so can be helpful. It can cause diarrhea if given too long, so more than a few days is not recommended. Glad the coconut oil seems to be helping. Sav-a-chick also makes a probiotic that can be mixed in drinking water, might help too, but make sure they will drink it. If they go off the water then go back to plain, fresh water. Good luck, hope it continues to get stronger.
probiotic.png

The b supplement won't mix in the water, the particles are pretty large and it will just sink. If I can't get it to eat it mixed in a tiny bit of moistened feed (if it's a tablet then grind it up, if it's a capsule empty it), then I will use an oral syringe or eye dropper and just do it one drop at a time onto the beak. When it runs into the crack it will swallow it. It's a bit slow, but works. It's hard to do orally when they are so small, but if you go slow and take your time, it can work. If the chick is eating, then I'd try to get it in mixed in a little food, moistened so it will stick. If it will eat some scrambled egg, you can try mixing in that, but when they are very small they often won't eat new stuff, just depends. Nutridrench is good, and is rapidly absorbed, so can be helpful. It can cause diarrhea if given too long, so more than a few days is not recommended. Glad the coconut oil seems to be helping. Sav-a-chick also makes a probiotic that can be mixed in drinking water, might help too, but make sure they will drink it. If they go off the water then go back to plain, fresh water. Good luck, hope it continues to get stronger.
View attachment 3509699
Unfortunately, I found her dead this morning. Thank you for your help with her, I guess she just needed to go.

Back
Top Bottom