Possibly hatching early??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
Ducklings are Cayuga/Khaki Campbell mixes. They're supposed to hatch on Thursday but I'm curious if the heat wave had 2 weeks ago may have sped up a bit of the incubation. We're on day 25 today. All 9 eggs are underneath 3 broody chickens.
I can literally feel them pecking at the eggshell.

Could they be getting ready to hatch early??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
They may hatch early but they still could be in the egg a few more days, ducklings are slow at hatching.
I'm hoping they hatch on the day that they're supposed to as I'm going to be splitting the 3 broody hens.
Our blue wyandotte is going to raise 5 ducklings, our black australorp is going to raise 2 ducklings + 3 chicks I'm getting at feed store, and our bantam hen is going to raise the other 2 ducklings.

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
There's a good chance they maybe out by Wednesday, but like I said ducklings are very much slow pokes about hatching. It's wait and see.
I moved all that are most advanced underneath our blue wyandotte since she'll be the first one to leave the nest.
And even though it confuses her, I can tell that hearing my whistling is making the ducklings work harder

Top Bottom