Possibly sick chick...

Amiti

Songster
8 Years
Jan 25, 2016
Plato, Missouri
I have a 3 week old Cochin chick that doesn't seem to be growing. It also occasionally gasps and shakes its head. Of 22 chicks of various breeds, it's the only one. They are fed fermented, unmedicated meatbird feed and water with acv. I have also been treating the chick with vetrx for about a week but no change. I'm not sure what to do for the bb. It's a standard size bird, but it's barely bigger than the oegb of the same age. If anybody has any suggestions, please help.

Do you have photos of the chick and her poop?

Some chicks fail to thrive. I'd watch to see if she's eating/drinking well. Check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.
Giving poultry vitamins once daily may be helpful.

Some chicks fail to thrive. I'd watch to see if she's eating/drinking well. Check to make sure her crop is emptying overnight.
I will get pics in the morning. Decided to get on here kinda in the moment and unprepared. Chick's crop does empty. I have seen bb eat and drink n scratch n dust bathe n fly up to the roost. I will order some vitamins from Amazon... My van is broke right now.

Here is a picture of 2 of the cochins. I tried to wait n watch for it to poop, but got too hot.

Attachments

• IMG_20230614_153013.jpg
    IMG_20230614_153013.jpg
    704.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom