POSSIBLY WRY NECK??

PAMBER00

Hatching
Jan 1, 2017
Hey all,

I've been reading a few threads trying To figure out what's wrong with my hen. I have a Barred rock who's about 3 months old and recently seems to look upward with the right side of her face more than usual and more than the others. It doesn't look as severe as some of the wry neck videos. She seems to be eating and drinking but is slightly smaller than the others. Is there anything else I could assume this could be or should I treat it like wry neck and give her vitamin E and Selenium like it says on this website http://www.raising-happy-chickens.com/wry-neck.html ?

Yes,She has Early Wry neck it will get worse as the days go on.I would tell you to buy Vitamin E and selenium but since she is on the early case Vitamins from a feed store such as Sav-a-Chick,Rooster-Booster will work.Keep her isolated with the vitamins.Eggs and tuna on occasion will help.

Yep.Keep me updated
smile.png

I have a question too actually. I have an Amber-Link hen about 1 1/2 years old. I don't think she has wryneck but when she takes a step back she puts her head really low to the ground and it's only when I walk up to her. I don't think she's afraid of me or any of my family. She's very friendly and let's people come and pick her up sometimes.

Chickens with Wry neck are usually slower and more calm that would explain why she lets people pick them up.She (Might) get a little scared when you approach her triggering Wry neck.I would just put some vitamins in there water for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom