possum

along121

Songster
9 Years
Jun 30, 2013
Today I went out to my hen house to gather eggs and in the first nest box as a very young possum sound asleep. I have one of those Tractor supply coops and on the upper half of the cage, the bars are 1 1/2 by 4. I guess it was so little it crawled in at the top part. All of my eggs were still there. None eaten. I ordered more hardwire to now cover the top part all around. Geez, the cage is so good. Why did they make the bottom part so well and then make the top part look different.

Luckily I have never had a possum get into my coops. Glad you can rectify the situation. I'm curious too, what happened to the possum? Good luck...

I've had 2 possums in my coop before. Thankfully they didn't kill anybody (praise God). My neighbor had 4 chickens killed on Saturday by a couple possums. They're gone now...

Oh no!
Great plan to remodel.
What happened to the possum? Possum Heaven?
The possum is just a baby. We stuck a broom handle at him and he latched on. Took him out and he ran in the woods. I have an automatic chicken door so I know my hens are safe til 8 am each morning.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020, 3:55 PM, BackYard Chickens - Learn How to Raise Chickens <[email protected]> wrote:

The possum is just a baby. We stuck a broom handle at him and he latched on. Took him out and he ran in the woods. I have an automatic chicken door so I know my hens are safe til 8 am each

Back
Top Bottom