post a pic of your FAVORITE guinea you have!

the guinea as your avatar is really cute!
love.gif

Thanks chickadee. That is my noisy female when she was about 10 weeks. She's been buck-wheating now for...hmmm...6 months. I trust one day she'll shut the he!! up!!!! LOL.

xD hey, i've been wondering, why isn't it BUCK-WHAT, instead of BUCK-WHEAT? when my guinea does it, it sounds like ''buck-what'' does my guinea have different vocals or something?
hu.gif

"Buckwheat" is just what they call it because it's a two syllable WORD that sounds similar to the sound the guinea hens make. Personally, I think it sounds nothing like "buckwheat," but more like another word.. that isn't really something that would be appropriate for it to be widely known as. Just because it's called "buckwheat" doesn't necessarily mean it has to sound exactly like that. I don't know how to better explain it. But it's just a word that they came up with, doesn't mean your hen is an reject if you don't think her call doesn't sound like that's what she's saying.

When my Mom comes for a visit she swears up and down my Hens are saying butt-crack
lol.png
Different Hens make different sounds depending on their age, size, bloodline etc (and how hoarse they are from calling all day long, lol)... and their tone usually changes as they mature too.

Back
Top Bottom