POST OFFICE LOST RESCUED BIRDS!

What do you expect from a gvmnt run operation?
wink.png
Seriously, though I have nothing against the USPS. Last year when my package went missing they SWORE UP AND DOWN that they could NOT track the package in-transit. I didn't believe them, of course, but that was the official story.

After I called and harrassed them, the package magically appeared within a day or so.

I think so long as you harrass them, that it will all turn out ok. Maybe even go back to the office and stand there and demand that they keep checking up on the status. Ask them how they could mishandle a live animal?? Isn't that a punishable offense by law?

How do you lose a live (and most probably audible) animal? HOW????? Someone knows where they are. I am keeping my fingers crossed that that person has a gentle soul and will take care of them.

Would homeland security decide they needed to be quarantined? ex-rayed? water-boarded?

Sorry this totally sucks and is totally not funny. I don't mean to make light of it . . . I just wonder how this could happen. It seems strange to me.

THANKS FOR THE THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. STILL NO WORD. MY LOCAL POST OFFICE IS REALLY UPSET OVER THE LOSS OF THESE BIRDS. SHE TOLD ME IF THEY CAME IN AND SOMEONE WAS THERE TO WATCH THE OFFICE SHE WOULD BRING THEM STRAIGHT TO ME. ONE OF THE MAIN BRANCHES, EXPRESS SUPERVISOR WAS GOING TO PULL SOMEONE OFF THE FLOOR AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED TO ME ALSO AND THEY ARE OVER AN HOUR AWAY. I WISH WE KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THE FED EX REFUSED THEM AS THAT IS THE THINKING OF LOCAL POSTAL MISTRESS. SHE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE HAD TO GO BY GROUND DELIVERY BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW WHERE THEY WENT. WHY DIDN'T FED EX MAKE THIS KNOWN BEFORE NOW? WHY DID DEB HAVE TO PAY OUT SO MUCH TO GET THEM FLOWN IF FED EX WON'T DO IT? SO MANY QUESTIONS AND NO ANSWERS. I WAS CRYING WHEN I WAS SPEAKING TO POST OFFICE AND THEY KNEW I WAS UPSET. I HAVE GIVEN PERMISSION FOR THE BOX TO BE OPENED AND THE BIRDS GIVEN WATER. POST MISTRESS TOLD ME IT IS A KNOWN FACT THAT POSTAL EMPLOYEES WILL DO THIS EVEN WITHOUT PERMISSON WHEN THEY ARE AWARE OF LONG DELIVERY. I AM BESIDE MYSELF ...IT IS THE WORRY OF THOSE POOR BIRDS AND THE NOT KNOWING! I TOLD DEB WE COULD HAVE DRIVEN THERE AND BACK BY NOW!!

Did you ask the postal mistress what the procedure is at the point of refusal? The birds were in someone's custody at that point, can't they trace that? If Fed-Ex did NOT take them, then that means USPS still has them. Or did Fed-Ex take them and then not ship? Do you know which Fed-Ex facility it is? I'd try to call Fed-Ex and ask what their policy is for packages they cannot send.

Back
Top Bottom