Post office sucks

Quick update: We just got a call from a well meaning lady at a different post office than what the tracker says, saying they've been there all day and asked if we wanted to pick them up. She said that if she hadn't called it would have taken 2 more days. Everyone who is mail ordering be alert! We are driving on our chicken rescue mission right now. Update again later. Hopefully everyone is well.
Oh wow, thank goodness she called! There are some wonderful, well-meaning postal workers out there, for sure.

Update: I gave them honey and egg yolk and they all perked up except for this one. She is not even taking in anything. Just breathing. Sometimes sort of walking. We ordered 28 and I got 32. Ish. They keep moving around. It's hard to count.

Attachments

• PXL_20210310_234259774.jpg
    PXL_20210310_234259774.jpg
    594.8 KB · Views: 6
Update: I gave them honey and egg yolk and they all perked up except for this one. She is not even taking in anything. Just breathing. Sometimes sort of walking.
Have you tried to make sure she's warm enough? If she's not moving much, she may not be able to move in and out of the heated area.

If she's warm enough, and if you've dipped her beak and she isn't drinking, then I'm not sure what else to suggest :(

Last edited:
Giving you all a quick heads up i ship hatching eggs all over. Today to my dismay when i dropped them at the post and asked how long to TX she says maybe 2 to 3 days maybe more, might be three weeks. She says they are still shipping xmas packages that are still clogged up at some hubs. She said covid is to blame not them. My reply was did everyone that works for post quit cause of covid because if they did i want a job i know what you make and how good your benefits are. Come to say she didnt think it was funny but i was serious.

Have you tried to make sure she's warm enough? If she's not moving much, she may not be able to move in and out of the heated area.

If she's warm enough, and if you've dipped her beak and she isn't drinking, then I'm not sure what else to suggest :(
She passed. Fairly quickly. I'm sorry to say that we were a bit too late :(

Back
Top Bottom