Post pic of your home made bator here!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jenlynn4, May 19, 2008.

1. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I know I've seen lots of pics on here but now I cant find them all! I was hopeing that some of you could post pics of what you have made here so I could get some ideas! Thanks so much! JEN

Edited to add: I cant wait to see them all! I really want to build one for my self.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  2. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    ohhh You had to go and make it easier by having everyone post here....... I am gonna be doomed...... I'll be out in my garage making incubators now.........

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Ooh I can't wait to see some bators [​IMG] I'm planning to make one this summer with the kids.

4. Joy1

Joy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    I made my first one out of a cardboard box and a heat lamp.They were all fully formed but did not make it as I added too much humidity.

5. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Because I don't have the pics saved where I can find them, here's the link to the one I made last year:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11774&p=2

I hatched 20 some chicks with it last year (except for the last 3 days and then used my brother's) and I started 15 in it this year, only 12 made it to day 18, 8 of them hatched. They were put in a LG bator after a couple of days, then put back in my homemade bator on day 18 (had other eggs in LG bator).

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Jen, look at the link in my sig line for two different homemade bators I've made and used successfully.

7. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    Thanks you all! Anyone else?

8. ericbrbr

ericbrbr Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2008
    Tennessee
    Here is my homemade bator. I now have an auto humidity pail. (not in pic) I have $250 invested counting the pail. It holds 240 eggs and has an auto turner made for the Sportsman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Here's mine, I currently have porcelain D'uccle eggs in there.
    And yes, there is a lid with a glass pane on it.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by