Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

New baby! only one... but still cute! supposed to be a lav orp... i thought it would be more gray than it is... any thoughts?

Not sure , keep an eye on it as it feathers out...looks like someone sneeked a white one in there..
wink.png
love the new babies

Last edited:
Cross your fingers looks like a possible Lavender Mottled just go to that one auction site they were getting a fortune for them. I have hatched a lot of whites even with these imported crossed line and had nothing like that even though I have so much variation in their down color with all the genes that seem to be put in the imports.
New baby! only one... but still cute! supposed to be a lav orp... i thought it would be more gray than it is... any thoughts?

ohh how exciting! I have waited a whole year to finally hatch orps... this is the only one that made it... I'm soo happt to finally be able to posts pics in the "orp" thread!!! love all your chickens!!!! I want one of each... (or two or three....)

Last edited:
hope you keep us updated on that one smithyard farm..going to be interesting..i dont personally own lavs or plan to..but they are pretty..please come back and post pics as it grows and goes into feathering ..is it import lav?

keep up the patient thing..good things come slow..
big_smile.png
you will get all that you want..just hang in there

Last edited:
u wont know for sure until it gets older but that is what a mottled Lav would look like... i guess it could be a pure Lav but i doubt it... its to dark and to much yellow for a white chick they should be solid yellow or all most solid smoky grey...

Harry and heritagehabitate know a lot more than I do about colors , especially Harry beacuse he keeps and breeds lavanders (and they are quite amazing) saw a pic or 2 long time ago.. ....im going to be tottaly avant guard here and Im going to put my money on that is white with maybe a few blk specks..

Last edited:
Nooo, russian olive is a terrible invasive spreader. There must be a better alternative.
if you can think of something..they could use some advise..that drought last year was hard on everything out there..you just felt kind of helpless for them.. I felt sorry for them..thought for a little while we were going to have the great dust bowl part 2

Last edited:
if you can think of something..they could use some advise..that drought last year was hard on everything out there..you just felt kind of helpless for them.. I felt sorry for them..thought for a little while we were going to have the great dust bowl part 2

We thought so too. Still way behind on water levels but not nearly as bad as this time last year. Cooler temps are helping as well. Trees are a hot comodity in West Oklahoma. I have seen Russian Olives in west Texas and they were not invasive there. Now Mesquite is invasive.

Back
Top Bottom