Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Does anyone in here have Lemon Cuckoos? The breeder I got mine from was closing out... and I found one hatchery offering them... bu not to many elsewhere. I am building up my stock right now.. I find their feathers valuable for jewelry... which is a bonus on top of the meat, eggs, and disposition of the breed :p

Chic Can I will take the better cockerel I hatched out this 6 weeks ago to a pure Buff. I should be able to have something different down the road. I just made this line of Buff (Lemon) Cuckoos trying to better my White Orps. This spring I had one of the son of Harry's White Orp cock in a pen with a couple of nicer Buff pullets. Harry's cock has the Cuckoo gene. Thus, I have 2 cockerels that would qualify as Buff (Lemon) Cuckoos.
One of the lines of Buff I have are called Buff Sports. In the history of these 2 Buff Sport pullet is White Orp. I hope to take them to one of my White cockerels with a higher tail angle. I hope they make some nice Whites for next year. The little cockerel is a lesser quality Buff (Lemon) Cuckoo.

The White cockerel I like to use with those girls

Here is the nice of my 2 Buff (Lemon) Cuckoos cockerels

This is my oldest chick I hatched out this year. 1st week of March hatched.

He does have legs

Updated pic of the Columbian lookin boy. I like his tail.

Just a chunky bear of a cockerel. Who knows how long I will keep him, I guess I can take him to several varieites for Cuckoos.

Last edited:
I only have the one pen for the hens and take out the Roos that are aggressive, as well as the ones I don't want. I have 35 hens and 5 Lemon Roos in there right now. The younger one are just starting to get interested in the hens so I will start hatching next month. I lost my last batch to curious children I think I will use Duct Tape next time on that lid lol. I need to butcher my buff roos that are in the meat pen and then I can breed selected pairs here soon. I just have to get in a feather plucking mood.. which will be soon since I used the last bird from the freezer.

I only have the one pen for the hens and take out the Roos that are aggressive, as well as the ones I don't want. I have 35 hens and 5 Lemon Roos in there right now. The younger one are just starting to get interested in the hens so I will start hatching next month. I lost my last batch to curious children I think I will use Duct Tape next time on that lid lol. I need to butcher my buff roos that are in the meat pen and then I can breed selected pairs here soon. I just have to get in a feather plucking mood.. which will be soon since I used the last bird from the freezer.

Good luck this season with you Lemons. When made well they look great.

I just found this thread and wanted to post pics of my Buff Orpington chicks. One cockerel and one pullet. They are roughly 8 weeks old now.

Our cockerel ....

and, our pullet.

big_smile.png

Do you guys still think this one is a girl? It's bigger then the other one. Do you think they are big enough to put out in the coop? I'm guessing they will be about six weeks old now. Don't know exact hatch date they were bought at Coastal. I do get a ground squirrel in the run now and then, doesn't bother the chickens just the feed.

Bella has decided she doesn't like the new chicks so she attacked them. But once she did it the first time, it was the last. Her mother went crazy and beat the crap out of her, I went running thinking something was attacking her the way she was squaking!

Back
Top Bottom