Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Johnn,

You need to really wash those feet before you put her up on clean straw . Scrub those tootsies, top and bottom. Part of this looks like some sort of rain crud, similar to what horses get in the fields. Is the middle pad of her foot inflamed ? Poor baby ! The vet will probably put her on antibiotics after he drains the abscesses, but you must keep her feet clean, and dry, until all is healed.

old.gif
If i cant spare the shed i will warp her feet up in bandages, or put her in a box in the shed with the other girls. She will HATE me for this!

The only reason her feet are so muddy is because its been bad weather, usually they aren't really muddy.

The only reason her feet are so muddy is because its been bad weather, usually they aren't really muddy.
The point is that NOW she has an infection. You must get those feet clean. Do you have poison mud in your shire ? Which one are you in ?We had patches of it in Gloucestershire that made the horses' legs break out. I still have a girth stained by it from the hunting field.

They are three months old and both girls.
smile.png

Pretty!
It is hard to decide which Jubilees needs to go here. Both the cockerels from Heirloom are going to be gorgeous birds! BUT I already have my two from Greenfire. And one of the pullets from Heirloom is too light for my taste. Decisions, decisions......I must change my mind 3 times a day, lol.

I'm going to call my vet on Monday because they apparently do do chickens again. I hope they do because I really dont want to do it myself!
Yes, and treat it fast. I've had one that got so bad before I realized that's what I was looking at that it was too late. Oh have I made a couple of bad mistakes. Hers is at least visible on the top, mine wasn't.

Last edited:
Pretty!
It is hard to decide which Jubilees needs to go here.  Both the cockerels from Heirloom are going to be gorgeous birds!  BUT I already have my two from Greenfire.  And one of the pullets from Heirloom is too light for my taste.  Decisions, decisions......I must change my mind 3 times a day, lol.

To light a color? Do you have a picture? Can I see :)

And here she is! lol. Just this morning. :)
She is cute; I wonder what the pattern is called? I have GF jubilees as well; 2 pairs. As I am told, Jubilee pattern is not easy to work with, and am trying to gather any information I can to go forward with breeding the correct way. I love the Jubilee Orp. color and pattern but, feeling a bit concerned. I wish you best of luck with your breeding program.

These are my Jubilees:

Back
Top Bottom