Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Great. Bella's auntie and mother are both broody! I just left them alone for ONE day! Bella's mother only give her last chicks up a couple of weeks ago! I think they are broody anyways, they both do the broody squak and puff up when i go to touch them, they both pecked me (especially Bellas mother when i had to move her from the middle of the floor!) and they both had broody poops when they came out. So they are aren't they?

Great. Bella's auntie and mother are both broody! I just left them alone for ONE day! Bella's mother only give her last chicks up a couple of weeks ago! I think they are broody anyways, they both do the broody squak and puff up when i go to touch them, they both pecked me (especially Bellas mother when i had to move her from the middle of the floor!) and they both had broody poops when they came out. So they are aren't they?

Sounds like it to me. I have 4 demented, puffed up cluckers right now. It seems that the more English blood that they have; the more often they go broody. The more American girls have a stronger work ethic !
idunno.gif

LOL! I have "only" 3 demented hens at the moment. So far, 8 of my 10 hens has been broody this year. One has just gone broody for the second time. And her chick is still trying to stay with her. Argh.

Last edited:
Sounds like it to me. I have 4 demented, puffed up cluckers right now. It seems that the more English blood that they have; the more often they go broody. The more American girls have a stronger work ethic !
idunno.gif
I really can't be bothered with anymore chicks but also can't be bothered to break them, so looks like they will get their own way!

LOL! I have "only" 3 demented hens at the moment. So far, 8 of my 10 hens has been broody this year. One has just gone broody for the second time. And her chick is still trying to stay with her. Argh.
I'm just hoping Bella doesn't join in! Hopefully she wont as she is looking after her mothers old chicks.

Oh and yes, picking her up was a nightmare. Every chance she got she started flapping trying to break free and the rest of the time was screaming in my ear! I think it might be a bit easier next time because when i put her down she looked at me as if she was saying "you didn't kill me!!".

Back
Top Bottom