Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

These Splash Orpingtons are around 3 months old. I they are the 3rd or 4th generation since I receied the parent stock several years back. I tend to let one set of birds free range while I keep the other set locked up in order to keep from being wiped out by the occasional stray dog.

Attachments

• Splash 2.png
    Splash 2.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • Splash 3 .png
    Splash 3 .png
    3.9 MB · Views: 17
  • Splash 1.png
    Splash 1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Splash 4 .png
    Splash 4 .png
    4.5 MB · Views: 16
I went outside take some pics:

Here are what I thought were my 2 male lav orps. (Now I really think I hatched 7 females & only 1 male.) I nicknamed the male with the gold leakage "Dinner" but DD didn't appreciate my logical name. She calls him "Pretty Boy." She wants to keep him & I must admit, his unusual coloring is getting better looking.
*He's going through that typical, awkward-looking, chicken on stilts phase.
img_6718-copy-jpg.1238479
img_6721-copy-jpg.1238480

Here's the other one with the large comb & wattles. The body of this lav below looks very female and its face is not as dark red as the brother. Both are almost 17 weeks. The confirmed male has gold laced saddle & hackle feathers in addition to thick shanks & red comb/wattles. Is there any chance this lav below could be my future rooster?
img_6731-copy-jpg.1238481

Here's our silkie with her 2 chicks. (7 weeks old) Pretty sure since hatch that there's a male & female. Depending on my lav roo situation, I may end up keeping this bllk/lav split male.
img_6725-copy-jpg.1238483

... and of course, our good, old, sweet, boy, "Mr Dummy-pants" (blk/lav split) He's too old fertilize the whole flock, so he's in semi-retirement.
img_6704-copy-jpg.1238482

View attachment 1387020 View attachment 1387021 View attachment 1387022 Are these orphingtons they were supposed to be a chocolate and a blue orphington
They could be orps. The blue looks black to me. Probably not a choc orp, since it looks to have some lacing. Although it may not look like a choc orp, I love the look of laced orps. Your chicks could also be orp mixes. Also not bad because the mixes can be pretty, unique, & hardy birds.

Here are my English laced orps:
IMG_6877 copy.jpg
IMG_6933 copy.jpg

Here was my choc orp:
Godiva 2 copy.jpg

Update from my previous posted pics:
Then
img_6718-copy-jpg.1238479

The other lav was yet another female. Not needed, so she was sold.

We ended up rehoming our 'Dinner" We just couldn't allow him to live up to his name so our Isabel orp roo went to a nice home. He's a happy breeder there but still acts like a puppy dog.
IMG_6864 copy.jpg
good bye 3.jpg
Here he was saying goodbye to DD. (Silly roo would stretch out his neck & rest it on an arm or shoulder - like a hug.)
good bye 1.jpg

Then:
img_6725-copy-jpg.1238483

The silkie eventually let her chicks move out of the nest. We sold the female but kept the male to breed.
IMG_7573 - Copy.JPG

Here's what he looks like now. (4.5 mo old, so more filling out to do.) He began crowing & mating about 2 weeks ago.
IMG_8619.JPG
IMG_8633.JPG

In the meantime, his great grandfather is still the head rooster.
IMG_7185 copy.jpg

We also separated the laced orps. Here are some of our 1st laced orp chicks.
silver laced orps 1.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7185 copy.jpg
    IMG_7185 copy.jpg
    619.1 KB · Views: 10
Are these orphingtons they were supposed to be a chocolate and a blue orphington
Well the "blue" is a black and idk what the "chocolate" is but not chocolate or at least not chocolate as in a chocolate orpington.
Honestly with their legs and shape they don't really look orpington.
See how they grow out.

Back
Top Bottom