Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

BTW- The chick in the Barbie car is broody now. She's so big when fluffed up, that people may mistake her for a turkey!

Here's the chair where we like to sit for chicken snuggles or treats. This was Jewel a few weeks ago before going broody.
IMG_3917 copy.jpg

Here's the same pullet - now broody. I think we could fit about 3 doz LF eggs under her! (She's only 5.5 months, so I'm not sure how much larger she can get.)
IMG_4360 copy.jpg

BTW- The chick in the Barbie car is broody now. She's so big when fluffed up, that people may mistake her for a turkey!

Here's the chair where we like to sit for chicken snuggles or treats. This was Jewel a few weeks ago before going broody.
View attachment 1138836

Here's the same pullet - now broody. I think we could fit about 3 doz LF eggs under her! (She's only 5.5 months, so I'm not sure how much larger she can get.)
View attachment 1138840

:eek: she's lovely

In the spirit of @Faraday40's famous barbie pics, here are a couple of my new chicks:

Jubilee orpington chick and lincoln log roost:
View attachment 1138641

Jubilee orpington chick is the captain of the Lego ship.
View attachment 1138642

EE chick and Jubilee orpington chick play with legos:
View attachment 1138643

That is sooooo cute! :love

View attachment 1138836

View attachment 1138840

She is beautiful! How is your black bantam orp? Mine was killed last summer unfortunately but I still have a splash.

My little Cookie (black bantam orp) is doing well. She's broody - AGAIN! She stayed with her June 17th hatch until they were 9 weeks old and 3xs her size. She laid a few eggs & then decided to go broody right away. Since my big blue orp is a 1st timer, I'm letting Cookie stay broody as a back up. She's such a determined little bird & a very experienced broody that I just have to keep her around. We actually considered selling her since we now have 2 silkies & a proven LF orp broody. However, I just can't see our flock without our Cookie Monster (the Bantam Menace) so she stays. Now with a giant blue orp giving it a try, I fear that I may need another coop soon.

I'm so sorry you lost your little black orp. She was a very pretty girl.

My first young Silver Laced pullet, she was given to me from a nice farm in Florida. I can't wait until she grows! I'm so excited since she is all mine!View attachment 1141051
Congrats!:thumbsup
Not only is your pullet beautiful, but that pic is very well done. I like how the pretty yellow flowers & green grass highlight the blk/white chicken.

We also have a pair of silver laced orps .... got as eggs from Papas Poultry. The eggs were shipped from CA to IL. I'm so thankful that we had a good hatch rate. Shipped eggs could go either way.

These birds were broody raised by a bantam orp. When the mama moved on at 8 wks, this group became MY babies.

IMG_4126.jpg
IMG_4102.jpg

This buff is a project bird: a Blue Buff Colombian. Not sure if she's staying here, but she's so sweet.
IMG_4260.JPG

We also kept a blue laced project bird (pullet)
IMG_4309.JPG

Here's my Sebright who mothered the other 1/2 of the chicks. She stayed with them until about 10-11 weeks. LOL It's been funny watching her lead her giants throughout the yard.
IMG_3970.JPG

Back
Top Bottom