Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
TUT is your birchen project bird right??? he looks great... i read about him a few pages back... but tell us more about the cuckoo project birds... thanks

LOL, looks like we've both got the same birds on the brain.

TUT is your birchen project bird right??? he looks great... i read about him a few pages back... but tell us more about the cuckoo project birds... thanks

TuT is not from my Birchen. He is from the BUS. BUS's mom was one of my original Buff Orp hens, and a long story about me using his DaD. I got my 5 original Buff Orp hens and the ole timer, Larry said they never laid a fertile egg, mostly cause Larry had just one cock with 30 pullet/hens. He said "If I was you take them to your most proven cock," to see IF they were fertile, I did which was a Meyer hatchery Australorp/ Ameraucana mix who was sold as a Jersey Giant. He was Black with a funky high angled tail. I did, and these hens were fertile. Then chucked those egs. I bought a Buff Orp cockerel from the breeder of these hens. Seen the new cockerel mount twice before putting the eggs in the bator. Hatched out 5. 4 were a mostly black with red leakage. And then BUS was a Silvery color with obvious spangled look in him. I kept him with EE's till late fall. Then had the person who gave me my original Black hens tell me she wanted to know what I planned to do with him. Knowing his history made me want to use him before I said I would let her have him. And she never did ask for him. So, I used him all year long with two of my rattiest lookin Orp hens. And still by chance he made outstanding cockerel and pullets. One from a Blue, who's daughter won BV at Connorsville and the Black hen made this Black boy down below. Hard to not like him either, he is only a 7 month ole. So, Tut is from the Black hen too.
One of my judge friends had this to say about TuT:
Bill this bird looks like a real nice Orpington. He is not too flat backed like many of them are. I really like the width of his tail feathers and his lesser tail feathers. He has a good strong head with a nice strong upright comb. Try him. You have nothing to lose. He is carrying white colour in basically every part of his body. Try him. Hatch lots. Something good is bound to come out of him.

The Cuckoo is from another friend who had made them from scratch too. Their his creation and gave me some eggs last summer. And I really like the male I want to use.

Here is Serpico, a big boy too! They eat out of a 1949 Ford hubcap. Only the best for these birds!

013-3.jpg

Last edited:
smile.png
Hay Louie and the Crew ! Congrats ! Those are adorable Fuzzy chicks & just in time for the EASTER BUNNY ! I hope to have some -sometime this year ???
cool.png

I love chicks <hugs> Are the babies going to be warm enough?? Metal transfers temp.. I am sitting up here in the frigid temps of NH and looking at that metals makes me shiver... lol

Louie - congrats on your new peeps. They're adorable!
love.gif
The buffs are my favorite orps. I know you will enjoy them too.

Back
Top Bottom