Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

They are usually the first to blow.
sickbyc.gif

there mighty cute bill, do you have something under that egg carton or is it just sitting on the bottom?
i got the hovabatoer up and running to make sure everything is running right..turned it off for another week or so.

I think there are a lot of memos the chicks do not get like "3 week old eggs do not hatch" I have hatched them that old that I can prove and some were older.

Yep - same here. Sometimes I hold eggs for weeks - sometimes intentionally and sometimes I just forget but they still hatch. Of course, I only ship eggs that are never more than a couple of days old (most are gathered the day of shipping) but I've even had customers tell me that because it takes 2-3 days to mail that they won't hatch either.

I recall a thread on here in the "ole days" of BYC - way back when - where someone was going to try incubating cold, old, store-bought refrigerated eggs. Guess What????? They got 3 or 4 to hatch from the dozen. And we all know how old store bought eggs are. Those chicks didn't get the memo either.

A few years ago I got some eggs from a local guy. He had about 60 hens with one old rooster. He washed his eggs well, and refrigerated them, and when I brought them home I put them in my refrigerator. I had them for 3 weeks and decided to experiment. I put several eggs in the incubator and every single one of them hatched. I gave those chicks back to him.
lau.gif

Well Well.. Here I am again.. :) I will just keep posting these confusing pictures until we figure out this silly chickens gender.. To me.. THIS looks more girly than a few weeks ago.. The one with the Silkie was taken this evening at 16 weeks old

This one is from 2 weeks ago..

This is making me crazy... I can't keep it if it is a roo.. maybe it will never crow! LOL

Put it with a new rooster if it squats submissively it is most likely a hen. If the rooster continually chases it off it is most likely a roo. I think it is a hen.

Back
Top Bottom