Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Meet the newest member of my flock. I wanted some color variety (all of my others are dark -- Barred Rocks and Welsummers), so I got this Orp chick last week. I was assured it's a "she." Let's hope so because I can't keep roosters.

OK all you color experts.....
smile.png

There is nothing important about this question other than getting head start on what might happen.

On an earlier post I showed a picture of a Black Rooster with Gold leakage, carrying a white gene.

If he was crossed with a Lavender Hen what color(s) would I get? (other than a mess)
ep.gif

John
old.gif

balck birds with possible leakagee
OK all you color experts.....
smile.png

There is nothing important about this question other than getting head start on what might happen.

On an earlier post I showed a picture of a Black Rooster with Gold leakage, carrying a white gene.

If he was crossed with a Lavender Hen what color(s) would I get? (other than a mess)
ep.gif

John
old.gif

Here are pics of what my crossing of a Buff Sport cock onto this below average quality Black hen with very slight mottling making 2 of these 4 dark chicks. And one of the 4 chicks is from the Dun Splash and the White cockerel. One of these 4 widdle fellas is from my Silver Duckwing pullet and one of the Cuckoo boys.
Then obvious 3 Buff chicks are from my one Doug cock on my very best Buff hen which I shown at Connorsville who got RV.

The White cockerel

The Dun splash pullet

Buff Sport cock

Black Mottled Hen

The 4 chicks as mentioned

3 Buff chicks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom