Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know at least which ones are closer to breed standard.

I love all 5 of my girls. The 5th is a Black Jersey Giant. Also a hatchery bird and also small for her size. Which I'm thankful for. Cuz, she's already a BIG GIRL.
We have a lady here in Arkansas that took hatchery Buff Orpington pullets and bought some extra exhibition quality males. She now sells hatching eggs that are 75% + exhibition. you should consider adding a nice male this fall. many will have them for sale at the fall shows.

Unfortunately, I live in the city limits and roosters are not allowed. I knew that going into this venture. And I'm fine with just the few hens. We get more eggs than we know what to do with and I just give them to the neighbors who have to listen to the hens cackle. They seem to get a kick out of it. I'm sure they'd feel different if there was a rooster getting them up at 5am every morning.

Unfortunately, I live in the city limits and roosters are not allowed. I knew that going into this venture. And I'm fine with just the few hens. We get more eggs than we know what to do with and I just give them to the neighbors who have to listen to the hens cackle. They seem to get a kick out of it. I'm sure they'd feel different if there was a rooster getting them up at 5am every morning.
Maybe you can get someone to bring one over for dates?
love.gif
About once a week should work.

We bought four bo's at our local farm supply store last month. Think they came from Ideal Hatchery. They are a little over 8 weeks old. We hope we have three pullets and one cockerel. We think the bo in the first image is the cockerel.

My Dun Birchen cockerel. I have 4 or 5 Dun birchen pullets to take him too. He is waiting for them to grow out and to start laying.
He is sharing his pen with my 4 Buff Sport & 5 Single Comb White Wyandotte babies I am growing out. Most of them are near or about 4 to 5 month oles.

My fav Buff Sport grow out is this wonderful pullet. She will be taken to the best White Wyandotte male.

Last edited:

It is such a beautiful day , I thought I would take a few spring pics...it has rained so much that today is a treat for everyone..little cooler than you would like but suppsed to be in the 80s tommorrow.

the big guy checking out the babies

This guy is a regular ham..I was trying to take a pic of a blk pullet that I just fell in love with..and he kept getting in the way, and she kept moving so that didnt work out, thou I did manage to sneak a pic or 2 of her.

A partial group pic..

Here comes the ham again

I finnaly managed a pic of the cockeral and pullet that I really like but she just didnt cooperate. turned a round. they still have the

remnants of baby fluff around thier heads

and here comes the canned ham again..

a pullet

a few more

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom