Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

I thought about getting lavenders myself but desided to stick with what I have a resist temptation :p Can't wait to see more of yours grown up! :)
I think I am gonna have to get some like yours. They are just beautiful. I thought the lavs were pretty but that rooster in the pic is sooooooo pretty.
love.gif

I bought 8 straight run lavs awhile back and will probably end up with more roos than hens. It is looking that way anyway but still hard to tell. Will probably keep two roos and sell any others. They are hinkjc and British bloodlines. Came from good stock so they should be nice looking lavs. Just hoping I at least get a few hens. I'm pretty sure that two or three are hens. Will try to buy some more somewhere else, maybe the NEOCS in two weeks, to add to my flock.

I am mostly hatching out the standard varieties this season. However, I am moving ahead with a few of the projects I have available to create.
This is the son of my Blue Cuckoo

Ofcourse I have at least a dozen or more of my Cuckoos

Another Standard breed I am starting to gain interest in is Australorps
This girl is from my famed "Layers Special" Australorp girls

And without sayin my Dun Birchens are going ahead in full force. One of several Dun Birchen pullets to go along with my Dun Birchen cockerel

Jody, wonderful birds as always..we always love the tour ..we laughed so hard at your utube vid with the lavs, and the black with them that looked like he wasnt sure if he wanted to come out or not..they have wonderful personalities.., everyone who who has them just falls in love with them..your lavs get more beautiful every time i see them..that is a fantastic set up..

Last edited:
I had some Black Australorps years ago and they were huge wonderful chickens but they didn't get broody and I didn't want to incubate because the hens do a much better job of it than we do. That is how I ended up getting Orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom