Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Bill,
Columbian should look like a nice color when full grown in the Orpingtons. I was hoping for a Coronation Orpington to hatch today but does not look like any of the chicks will be coronation this time. Had a lot of color variation in the white chicks though. Most had the white dot on their heads even when they looked silvery white.

I have 2 Blacks with a White dot on their heads I hatched last weekend.
Yeah these chicks are all very different as Marvin said they would be. As I remember I was on an Australian Poultry thread that I believe Aveca told me about them trying to make White Columbians. I maybe remembering wrong. Not too many out there. Funny how I can get some with this combo. And they look like they will have some size too.
I will be bouncing these 2 Buff Columbian pullets around to see what they make with other cockerels. I have them in with my Buff cockerel rite now. Maybe putting them in with you White cock next.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of my Orpingtons!

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I think the old books called them Ermin after the kings coat..I never could figure out why they wernt really popular..fantastic looking birds

Here's the Buff Orps from Don. They are doing well and have been moved out to the small coop. It has an old window for a door so they can get plenty of sunshine.
I have identified one positive cockerel but that's it.

littlechicklet very nice to see you have some nice Buffs from Don. Don is such a good man for our hobby. I wish we had more folks like him.
Aveca that is what you said. I remember you mentioning that site. From the look of this one little one I would say this chick is a cockerel. He may have to stay here for a season. I already have someone interested in some, and I do not even have any of age to breed. But, I may have to make a pen to make some for the few who like this look. Too bad for the Delaware people White skin is dominant over yellow skin or I bet I would have a few interested in some chicks like this to play around with as well.

VIVI I forgot to say I love the little Buff in the middle. look at the head on that baby. Gees I bet you can't have them grow up fast enough to start to really enjoy what you have already made. Nice babies.

Just was poking around on GOOGLE and found this site which has loads of info on alot of the non standard varieties from a 100 years ago. For those like me who have nuttin better to do go check it out.

http://books.google.com/books?id=wi...AQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=ermine Orpington&f=false

Last edited:
lildinkem-

Thanks and yes I too think Don is a great asset to Orpingtons. Thanks for the link I would love to see the Columbian/Erwin color redeveloped. Like I said before I like it.

Back
Top Bottom