Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

lildinkem-

Thanks and yes I too think Don is a great asset to Orpingtons. Thanks for the link I would love to see the Columbian/Erwin color redeveloped. Like I said before I like it.

Don has worked his line very hard for many years. I expect you will love what you have. Keep posting pics of them as they grow up.

I should have some more Columbians made by season's end. And I will share this with folks who like them.
here is a pic of the two Buff Columbian pullets I have to continue to play with. I will be moving them around to see what they make with Buffs for now then into a pen with Harry's White cock. The bigger girl lays huge eggs. So, it will be an added bonus for those who just like to be different.

Last edited:
Here's the Buff Orps from Don. They are doing well and have been moved out to the small coop. It has an old window for a door so they can get plenty of sunshine.
I have identified one positive cockerel but that's it.

cute chicks!

I like the faces on your chickens Orpielover!

lildinkem-

Thanks and yes I too think Don is a great asset to Orpingtons. Thanks for the link I would love to see the Columbian/Erwin color redeveloped. Like I said before I like it.
X2

I know this is the Orp thread but this is the only 2 pullets I kept out my EE hatches last year. I really liked their color even if it is a smutty Columbian. But there is an Orp in the backgound. She is one of my better pullets.

I know this is the Orp thread but this is the only 2 pullets I kept out my EE hatches last year. I really liked their color even if it is a smutty Columbian. But there is an Orp in the backgound. She is one of my better pullets.

They do look like they have Orp in them. MAYBE take em to a White Orp cock can give you the White skin leg color and a smidge more Orpy type.

They do look like they have Orp in them. MAYBE take em to a White Orp cock can give you the White skin leg color and a smidge more Orpy type.

No Orp in them (I think) because the rooster and hens they came from were hatchery EEs. I think you are on the right track for the Clumbian/Erwine Orps. My girls are way to small and who knows how many different genetic pools they have mixed in them.

I will cheer you on in your endeavors with the Columbian pattern and maybe one day if I have the room/resources I can get some from you.

No Orp in them (I think) because the rooster and hens they came from were hatchery EEs. I think you are on the right track for the Clumbian/Erwine Orps. My girls are way to small and who knows how many different genetic pools they have mixed in them.

I will cheer you on in your endeavors with the Columbian pattern and maybe one day if I have the room/resources I can get some from you.

Sure thing. I am sure I will still have a few.
Not only he has Orp in him, but he has Doug Akers Buff Orp in them. When ever I breed a BUSTOFF line Black Orp to another BUSTOFF line Orp you can count on something different coming out when you hatch a couple dozen eggs.

Here's the Buff Orps from Don. They are doing well and have been moved out to the small coop. It has an old window for a door so they can get plenty of sunshine.
I have identified one positive cockerel but that's it.

I have 3 kids that got chicks out of that hatch. If you only have one male for sure I'll work a trade with one of these kids.

I have 3 kids that got chicks out of that hatch. If you only have one male for sure I'll work a trade with one of these kids.

I will be glad to help them. I am guessing there are more than just the one cockerel but one is all I have positively identified so far. I am sure you will be able to pick out the cockerels easier than I can. When you get down this way you can see what I have. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom