Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Just sharing my two new baby's I picked up from Coastal, they are so cute :)
Very cute babies!

How old are your chicks from Don? I hatched some of his out about 6 weeks ago and I still can't tell cockerels from pullets.
I am not positive on their age. I am guessing around 4 weeks. I may have it all wrong but in my experience some cockerels are just easy to spot. Not always true but I go by these signs: later to develop feathers, bigger/thicker legs, shorter wings, wattles/comb larger and redden out sooner, tail carriage and look/attitude. My way is not the gospel and I have been fooled many times. I will try to post some pics later.

What a nice basket of chunky cuteness!

x2
thumbsup.gif

Okay here are the buffs I got from Don. He will have to chime in but I am thinking around 3-4 weeks.

The first easy to spot cockerel. He is on the left in 2nd pic. I am not sure about the one on the right maybe a slower developing cockerel too.

left probably pullet, right cockerel

Pullets Pullet

These are my guesses at this time. I didn't have any help so couldn't get better pics or pics of all of them. I welcome any other opinions or more qualified sexing. I have only had Orps for about a year and these are my first buffs and I am not familiar with them or their line.

Last edited:
Hi all. I just started with chickens. I got them at a "chick day" event at a local feed and grain supply store. I really wanted a ORP but they didn't have any available like they were supposed to. So now I am looking for a breeder in the CT area.
Thanks
Kristen

Okay here are the buffs I got from Don. He will have to chime in but I am thinking around 3-4 weeks.

The first easy to spot cockerel. He is on the left in 2nd pic. I am not sure about the one on the right maybe a slower developing cockerel too.

I love this fat chick

left probably pullet, right cockerel

Pullets Pullet

Love this one

These are my guesses at this time. I didn't have any help so couldn't get better pics or pics of all of them. I welcome any other opinions or more qualified sexing. I have only had Orps for about a year and these are my first buffs and I am not familiar with them or their line.

I never have help with pictures either..I doubt i could do better with a ton more help...It is just not my fortea

Back
Top Bottom