Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

All the pics are beautiful! I picked up 5 more LF blue & black Orp chicks to go with my 6 today. A friend hatched them for me from some of my eggs. So I have 11 little cuties to work with.

Don- I am starting to see more cockerels in the buffs I got from you. I am up to 3 at least.

Will try to post pics soon.

All the pics are beautiful! I picked up 5 more LF blue & black Orp chicks to go with my 6 today. A friend hatched them for me from some of my eggs. So I have 11 little cuties to work with.

Don- I am starting to see more cockerels in the buffs I got from you. I am up to 3 at least.

Will try to post pics soon.

How old are your chicks from Don? I hatched some of his out about 6 weeks ago and I still can't tell cockerels from pullets.

Just sharing my two new baby's I picked up from Coastal, they are so cute :)

Hi all! I have a quick question. My Buff Orpington hen is about a year old now and she is brooding for the first time. She has been sitting on her eggs for thirty days now and I was wondering if any of you have ever had chicks staying inside their eggs for such a long time? We've candeled already and the eggs are fertile. Any clues as to why it's taking so long?

Last edited:
Hi all! I have a quick question. My Buff Orpington hen is about a year old now and she is brooding for the first time. She has been sitting on her eggs for thirty days now and I was wondering if any of you have ever had chicks staying inside their eggs for such a long time? We've candeled already and the eggs are fertile. Any clues as to why it's taking so long?

Have you posted this in the hatching section yet? Pretty sure 30 days is not good. Sorry I don't have better advice. The only thing I can think of would be to give her some chicks and see if that makes her happy.

Have you posted this in the hatching section yet? Pretty sure 30 days is not good. Sorry I don't have better advice. The only thing I can think of would be to give her some chicks and see if that makes her happy.

I didn't think it sounded right. However, I haven't been home in two days so they may have hatched on day 28 which would be great news for me! I just haven't heard anything back from the friends that are watching them while I'm away. I'll try to update you all when I get back tonight. Thank you!

It takes 21 days..are you sure about your dates?

I went into the coop on 3/17 and one of our workers had written on the box "brooding since 3/15". So I've just been going along that. It may have just been that that's when the first egg was lain, but I'm not sure. We accidentally collected a numbered egg (which meant it was fertile when candeled) just about three days ago and since it was dead from the dried bloom and being too cold for too long, we opened it up and te chick was completely developed, which I assumed meant the rest would hatch very soon.

Back
Top Bottom