Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Bill,
Looks like you attended a show this weekend.

Yes just got back. Greenville Show is always a good one. Found out that Doug is retiring and moving to AL for the winters. The Black hen which I had taken two pics of got BB. That is as far as she went. A very nice Cornish got Champ English and I think maybe best LF. An Asil got Reserve LF.

She's getting some new eggs tomorrow. I did get some babies today, but not chicks. Rather a rat or a rabbit has give birth in my nest box! I couldn't get a proper look at the babies but if its rats I will have to kill them, if its a rabbit I will put some wood over the nest box to stop the hens getting at the babies!, if bella sees them she will defintley kill them because she likes to make sure everything knows she is boss. Her auntie on the other hand got on the nest and laid a egg :/

She's getting some new eggs tomorrow. I did get some babies today, but not chicks. Rather a rat or a rabbit has give birth in my nest box! I couldn't get a proper look at the babies but if its rats I will have to kill them, if its a rabbit I will put some wood over the nest box to stop the hens getting at the babies!, if bella sees them she will defintley kill them because she likes to make sure everything knows she is boss. Her auntie on the other hand got on the nest and laid a egg :/
Actually if the chickens find them and they are rats, they will most likely eat them. Good protein for them. Not sure how big newborn rabbits are, but those too probably.

Actually if the chickens find them and they are rats, they will most likely eat them. Good protein for them. Not sure how big newborn rabbits are, but those too probably.
I hope they eat them if they are rats but if they are rabbits and I beat them to them then I will put something up to stop them getting at them so only the mother can get in and out.

Yes just got back. Greenville Show is always a good one. Found out that Doug is retiring and moving to AL for the winters. The Black hen which I had taken two pics of got BB. That is as far as she went. A very nice Cornish got Champ English and I think maybe best LF. An Asil got Reserve LF.
Congratulations Bill.

This is a pic of my 8 week old BO. I'm beginning to think it's a rooster but I'm not sure. The comb is just a little redder than the other 4 that I have, and this chick will sometime act out dominantly and aggressively. It's temperament is getting a little better but it's still behaves differently than my other BO. So what do yo think, pullet or cockerel?

sorry this pic is blurry, this chick did not want to hold still lol

Back
Top Bottom