Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

She sure has. I’m hoping to use hatch her eggs this coming spring
By spring they should be fine. I try to avoid hatching a pullet's eggs for a few months until she's regular. Those early eggs can be small, or double yolked, or irreg shaped, etc. By waiting you'll avoid a lot of heartache and hopefully hatch some happy, healthy, hardy chicks.

By spring they should be fine. I try to avoid hatching a pullet's eggs for a few months until she's regular. Those early eggs can be small, or double yolked, or irreg shaped, etc. By waiting you'll avoid a lot of heartache and hopefully hatch some happy, healthy, hardy chicks.

She’s been laying for over a year now so I’m not worried about her eggs. I’ve been hatching my own chicks for a couple years so I know my way around (;

She’s been laying for over a year now so I’m not worried about her eggs. I’ve been hatching my own chicks for a couple years so I know my way around (;
Wow she looked young in the pics. Must be nice to have those shorter comb & wattles. (I have a few girls with larger wattles & I worry about frostbite all winter.) Sadly many of mine are molting, so I'm not getting many eggs right now.

Wow she looked young in the pics. Must be nice to have those shorter comb & wattles. (I have a few girls with larger wattles & I worry about frostbite all winter.) Sadly many of mine are molting, so I'm not getting many eggs right now.
Pumpkin wasnt kept in the best conditions when I found her and took her in. Not to mention other hens in her flock had pecked her comb and wattles so badly they were hardly recognizeable. But shes made an amazing comeback!

I'm pretty in love with that blue silver laced orph! She's so pretty!

How well do orphingtons do in confinement? I'm looking to add two chicks to my flock since we lost one last year and chicken math demands MORE. I have a roo and 5 girls right now in an 8x4 coop attached to a 20x20 run. The Meyer catalog states only the bluffs are okay on confinement but I was wondering if you guys have other thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom