Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
i talk with some breeders that you recommended
to get some juvenile birds or adult birds that
way to have a better success than with eggs
and its a better idea how you said to buy birds
versus buying eggs thanks bill

Depending where your at may depend on who you would like to get birds from. Also the best birds to get from folks like Terry Britt are always the ones near the end of the year. He too will not ship eggs. Doug also will not ship eggs. BUT, if you visit Doug at his farm he will sell chicks. Some folks still have some males available. The lady I got my Buff Sports told me she still has 10 Buff cockerels and is only keeping a couple. So, call around and ask. Julie Bachelor had a couple of Blue males available as of this week. She may have already sold them at the show in Florida. Do not be surprised if you have to get on a waiting list. I did that to get my Buffs from Terry Britt. And the closer to the end of the list the better the birds are usually.
good luck

Bill

shipped eggs, the most important things, packed properly and fresh and fertile known by the breeder and what there breeding stock is doing..
woot.gif

one should have no problem hatching them. of course one must know how to keep there incubator going properly and make sure there equipment is working properly to make it a successful hatch... most that gotten from us were 98% happy with their results, araucana can be tough ones to hatch but orps no problem..personlly i like chicks hatched from eggs at home better because you have more time to watch and play with them plus they see you when they hatch which they seem to bond/imprint better to you.

Last edited:
Many like the chance of getting a show winners when buying hatching eggs. But you get the same chances when buying hatched chicks. This weekend Doug was to get me some Buff orp eggs. But since he had so much going on he forgot. Then said just come by and he would get me chicks. That is even better. Then the chicks are already hatched. you can see what your getting. And still have the same chances of getting a great bird without the risk of a bad hatch. Unless someone gives me eggs in person, I won't turn them down, but I rather get a live bird or chick.

Quote:
These are surely very nice. I do have a question though. How rare are white orpingtons? I saw a posting on "rarebreedsauctions" for a Rooster stating that White orps are rare. Is this so? I have a pair from Hinkjc and didn't think they were rare.

Quote:
These are surely very nice. I do have a question though. How rare are white orpingtons? I saw a posting on "rarebreedsauctions" for a Rooster stating that White orps are rare. Is this so? I have a pair from Hinkjc and didn't think they were rare.

Good quality White Orpingtons are extremely rare. Ammarell Orpingtons is one of the top breeders of White Orps in the US. IMO

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom