Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Ruth even though some of the egg shells may be porous, they are still protected from bacteria by the bloom and or cuticle.
porous eggs still hatch wonderfully.
they may ship with a greater impact to them though with rough shipping condition..

Ruth even though some of the egg shells may be porous, they are still protected from bacteria by the bloom and or cuticle.
they may ship with a greater impact to them though with rough shipping condition..

Thank you. I've never had a problem with them developing or hatching so I guess that's why it was news to me that they were "porous" and would not hatch. I guess this is a case where ignorance is bliss because I just hatched 4 dozen Orp eggs this weekend. Good thing those 4 dozen little chicks "didn't get the memo". LOL

I hope to use that Black pullet which is in with him. She is decent width and size.
I did sell some eggs to a lady in PA last year who hatched out an all Dun pullet.

Last edited:
Ruth, I think you have found my customer from last year. They complained about our eggs being porous and refused to even set them. Said they would never hatch. I carefully picked out six more eggs and sent. They still complained. I am not even sure what they were complaining about. Ours hatch well here. You may just have to live with an unhappy customer. Especially if its the same person we had. Unfortunately, I can not recall who it was.

Quote:

lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Last edited:
I think there are a lot of memos the chicks do not get like "3 week old eggs do not hatch" I have hatched them that old that I can prove and some were older.

Thank you. I've never had a problem with them developing or hatching so I guess that's why it was news to me that they were "porous" and would not hatch. I guess this is a case where ignorance is bliss because I just hatched 4 dozen Orp eggs this weekend. Good thing those 4 dozen little chicks "didn't get the memo". LOL

I can say, as a very frequent buyer of eggs, that the worst shipped egg hatch percent were from porous eggs.

Back
Top Bottom