Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Okay, I see now.  I have also heard they take 2-3 years to really mature.  They just look soooooooo mean!!!  I know most game type birds are great with people, but gosh they just don't look like it :D   I would love to have some, but can't, can't, can't, gotta focus, focus, focus, squirrel!!!!

PS If you have never seen "Up", that will not make sense, LOL
*saw it* lol and i means Sumatra not serama loosing my mind poor dogs covered in allergy blisters -.-

I am honestly a little bit confused as to what has people's feelings hurt. Breed standards are a set quantifiable thing, are they not? The bird either meets them or does not and generally hatchery birds do not. Correct? Is this just a word choice issue?

If you have a breed standard bird from this hatchery I could see this being a good opportunity to disagree and tell people about your good experience but it doesn't really seem like anything personal or attacking nor a comment on how much a person likes their pets. I am not sure where feelings are involved here.

My pug is the most poorly bred pug I have ever seen. I didn't rescue her to show her or because I wanted a pure bred dog. If you walk up to me and say wow, that is the worst bred pug I have seen in my life I would: why yes. yes she is.

If someone was asking for critiques thats one thing...if people are just posting pics of their birds to share because this is the "Post your pics of birds from Ideal" thread, they probably aren't looking for anyones opinion or critiques on their birds. To insult them is rude. If you look at the stock someone has posted here and find it poor quality...then don't buy from ideal. No need to say, your bird is poor quality to someone who isn't asking for their bird to be judged. And I would find anyone who felt it was appropriate to tell you your pug was ugly is horribly rude as well. If you entered him in an AKC show, you are asking for an opinion. If you are just sharing pictures or walking down the street, no one needs to say anything about how bad they think she looks.

-shrug- Manners will get you much farther in life.

Here are few of my Ideal Poultry chicks.

Red frizzle pekin.

Sultan

Sultan

Mille fleur D'uccle

Mille fleur D'uccle

Porcelain D'uccle

Sultan

Booted Bantam

Porcelain D'uccle

Mottled pekin

Self blue, and white pekins

Porcelain D'uccle and booted bantam

Sultans

Porcelain D'uccle

White pekin

Sultan

Gruop photo

these pics were taken back on 25 Aug 12 Gomez the roo has been crowing since he was aboot 2-3 mo! they have just begun breeding! expecting eggs soon!

my DDs d Uccles i love these guys! we ordered a pair of each breed we got and thankfully we got a breeding pair of each breed! we have a pr of red shoulders i will try to post pics soon! we also have silkies, cochins, and a few others! we are very happy with our flock! Ideal did us right! we are looking for our next breeds to order nxt spring! maybe the black shamo and dark asil! i have a sumatra pullet and im thinkin about a project!

Last edited:
thats what i was talking about....
just as a BYB dog with AKc papers can come go into an AKC ring and beat reputably bred show dogs. seen it helped them along. A hatchery bird can win at a big show i've seen that as well.
ive been asking around about longtails from hatcheries i was actually told that Ideal yokohamas were pretty good but its one of those things chance of pet or chance of show they never claim to breed for it but you might just get it since they usually buy their stock from breeders then do what they will with it afterwards
if you do decide on ordering for a breeding program order about 25 each m/f to cull the not so pretty ones! i wish i had gotten more males so i can choose a better lookin brood cock! my yokahama has way too much black in his tail and even more on his back! would have loved to have 3-6 more to choose from! he has a funny crow as well!

Here are few of my Ideal Poultry chicks.

Red frizzle pekin.

Sultan

Sultan

Mille fleur D'uccle

Mille fleur D'uccle

Porcelain D'uccle

Sultan

Booted Bantam

Porcelain D'uccle

Mottled pekin

Self blue, and white pekins

Porcelain D'uccle and booted bantam

Sultans

Porcelain D'uccle

White pekin

Sultan

Gruop photo
You aren't helping my chicken addiction...lol. My brooder has quail in it that are almost ready to go outside....hmmm I could fill it again soon....

I LOVE the little self-blue. You have some cute babies.

if you do decide on ordering for a breeding program order about 25 each m/f to cull the not so pretty ones! i wish i had gotten more males so i can choose a better lookin brood cock! my yokahama has way too much black in his tail and even more on his back! would have loved to have 3-6 more to choose from! he has a funny crow as well!
yokohama
hmm.png
black ????

yokohama
hmm.png
black ????
yea its said that a well bred red shoulder should have one black tail feather among 5-6 other white feathers.... i forget which site i read that on it was from the oriental gamefowl thread....i will post pics of incubus and adaline today as well as the rest of our flock they are all from ideal! only 6 were gotten from other sources who may or may not have ordered from ideal.

Last edited:
yea its said that a well bred red shoulder should have one black tail feather among 5-6 other white feathers.... i forget which site i read that on it was from the oriental gamefowl thread....i will post pics of incubus and adaline today as well as the rest of our flock they are all from ideal! only 6 were gotten from other sources who may or may not have ordered from ideal.
yay love to see them i've been wanting to see them (yokohamas from ideal) =]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom