post pics of your birds for fun

Your black and red hens look more like black sex links than marans. What color eggs do they lay?
By golly you're right. That would be quite disappointing cause I know Sexlinks don't live as long generally. As for the eggs, I have 30 chickens in there so honestly I'm not sure. Most of my eggs are light or dark brown and some with speckles but some of those could be from the red sexlinks. What do marans lay? So that I can keep an eye out.

Your black and red hens look more like black sex links than marans. What color eggs do they lay?
IMG_20220426_170626601.jpg
that's the variety of brown eggs we get. Sometimes we get darker ones with more prevalent speckles, but not today. In the lighting the one on the top looks white, but it's actually very light brown

By golly you're right. That would be quite disappointing cause I know Sexlinks don't live as long generally. As for the eggs, I have 30 chickens in there so honestly I'm not sure. Most of my eggs are light or dark brown and some with speckles but some of those could be from the red sexlinks. What do marans lay? So that I can keep an eye out.
View attachment 3080620that's the variety of brown eggs we get. Sometimes we get darker ones with more prevalent speckles, but not today. In the lighting the one on the top looks white, but it's actually very light brown
Marans lay a very dark brown, so your’s are probably sex links. Black sex links tend to live longer than red sex links, though, since they’re of a less productive cross.

Back
Top Bottom