1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

post pics of your brooders....please!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by wilson95, Apr 15, 2009.

1. wilson95

wilson95 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    ok. i got 6 red sexlink chicks from my local TSC. well they make it SOOOO dirty. i dont mind cleaning it but if i cleaned as much it got messy i would be cleaning it every 30 minutes. well i was wondering what is the best thing to put them in. or the best bedding or something. anway please post lots of pics of your brooders. thanks. cole.

2. BigSkyChickens

BigSkyChickens Free Bird

Apr 3, 2009
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    I'm new myself. The feed store sold me corn cob litter which worked excellently, but was alot more expensive than pine shavings. I used a combo of both. Just don't use cedar, as the oils cause breathing problems. Sorry I don't have any pics, but when the chicks were little I kept them in a big plastic tub. They were able to jump out after afew weeks, so I made a lid out of hardware cloth. Start them at 95 degrees F. and lower temp 5 degrees each week. Awesome! Have fun with you chicks!

3. Dandy Acres

Dandy Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    I found a galvanized trough that the feed stores sell their chicks out of. I don't have a great picture, but as soon as I figure out how to post one I will.

4. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by