Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

I'm loving seeing all the pics of the babies.... some growing up... like mine! Mine are already 4 weeks old! Some look like full on hens now! I lost one barred Rock... I was very sad. She was always a bit "poor"... I didn't know to do the Vit-Tal until she had already gone too far down. I am just trying to focus on the 12 healthy ones I have.. all growing and doing great. It's getting hot down here (Texas) so we'll probably move the brooder to the coop next weekend... This is my first batch.. my dad has raised them, he lives nearby and is helping me all the way, but I have to say, this forum has been super helpful. I want to thank everyone for participating and offering their experience and knowledge!!
D.gif
My dad, who is 76 and doesn't do "electronic stuff" very well, has said, "check on your computer thing there what those folks recommend for nest boxes nowadays... so I did... and got the info I needed. He also said, "you should see what they say about Sand in the coop... and I did.. and found a GREAT thread on that... So, you are even converting my old school dad!!
wee.gif

some of my girls at 4 weeks.

Hens or Roosters?????
I have had chickens now for a little over a month these two are from my second purchase maybe a week & 1/2 old.
I have heard different ways of sexing Buff Orpingtons. I was hoping everyone could lend a hand...
Thanks

I'm loving seeing all the pics of the babies.... some growing up... like mine! Mine are already 4 weeks old! Some look like full on hens now! I lost one barred Rock... I was very sad. She was always a bit "poor"... I didn't know to do the Vit-Tal until she had already gone too far down. I am just trying to focus on the 12 healthy ones I have.. all growing and doing great. It's getting hot down here (Texas) so we'll probably move the brooder to the coop next weekend... This is my first batch.. my dad has raised them, he lives nearby and is helping me all the way, but I have to say, this forum has been super helpful. I want to thank everyone for participating and offering their experience and knowledge!!
D.gif
My dad, who is 76 and doesn't do "electronic stuff" very well, has said, "check on your computer thing there what those folks recommend for nest boxes nowadays... so I did... and got the info I needed. He also said, "you should see what they say about Sand in the coop... and I did.. and found a GREAT thread on that... So, you are even converting my old school dad!!
wee.gif

some of my girls at 4 weeks.

Your chickens are so cute! What a cool thing to do with your dad!

My new babies! I got 5 Black sex links, 4 Americaunas and 1 Golden sex link (I think)

My youngest daughter Emily fell in love with one of the Americaunas and named her Cutie Pie

And I now know the meaning of pasted butt!

Gardenchick! LOVE YOUR PIC!! Very Creative!!! I wish I had taken the time to get individual pics of my babies... They are growing and not quite as "cute" as they were that first week. :) And yes, I'm 42, my dad is 76 and enjoys "staying busy". He likes to build stuff... he (we) built my coop,(and my horse stalls) and has been like a kid with these chicks. They are on some property with my horses, my parents live next door to my pasture so he walks over each morning to check on them, and I go in the late afternoon.. we have a system worked out. It keeps him busy... he's been getting the coop ready with the roost and he's building nest boxes now. It's been a great "bonding" experience for us.... he gets a kick out of the stories I tell him that I read on this forum. Can't wait to share my own!

Back
Top Bottom