Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

These are the pictures I took when we first got our chicks, I had no idea what gender they were then. Now they are about 2 months old and it is VERY clear that we have a rooster, haha.

oh i see i thought you knew some strange way to tell the gender mine are 12 weeks and no signs of a boy or a girl except the one herbert is attempting to fertilize
barnie.gif

oh i see i thought you knew some strange way to tell the gender mine are 12 weeks and no signs of a boy or a girl except the one herbert is attempting to fertilize
barnie.gif
Haha, I wish I had some magical way to figure out the sex of baby chicks! That would be great! I think that after 12 weeks, if there are no visible signs of a rooster (bright red enlarged comb and waddles) then you might just have a beautiful bunch of girlies!

That is absolutely adorable!
love.gif
Thank you! If you haven't been following my earlier thread this morning she had three chicks and we bought 26 and put them in a cage next door and they squeezed through the bars to her. She doesn't have the room for all of them but somehow they almost fit!

Last edited:
NO CLUE!! especially as they are Ross Cobbs ----Meat birds so they will have doubled in size in about a week. I suppose that I will have to put them back into the other cage! They are only day olds and they are the same size as the two week old bantams!

Haha, I wish I had some magical way to figure out the sex of baby chicks! That would be great! I think that after 12 weeks, if there are no visible signs of a rooster (bright red enlarged comb and waddles) then you might just have a beautiful bunch of girlies!

their EE's so no visible waddles and combs are pea combs but they all look small hoping for a bunch of girlies 2
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom