Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
Many of you already have heard but I'm going to get out of the chicken "business". A few other reasons, but mainly it's my health. I just can't do the things I like to do anymore it seems and suffer from chronic pain. Of course I'll still have chickens in the backyard, but the breeding is going to have to be put on the back burner. I will be selling everything...

I'm posting here in hopes that I can find a few breeders that would like to continue my work with the Mille Fleur Leghorns. I have a very large flock of F5 growouts that are about 6-7 months now. I've been working with them for over 4 years now it's been so rewarding. I would hate to see all my hard work not amount to anything.

They are unlike most leghorns in that the hens are so sweet and curious, they will squat for you and I've even had a few go broody on me! (We believe it's the speckled sussex used in the very beginning of the breed makeup.

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]I have 6-7 roos and 11-13 hens. If you are interested and a dedicated breeder please PM me directly as they will not be going to auction.[/FONT]

Last edited:
There is a flock of SC dark brown Leghorns for sale in NY. A total of 13 birds.
I found the ad in the poultry press on page 17 today and thought I'd share it here in case anyone is interested. These are not my birds but I know the breeder who is selling them and they are good quality birds.
If you do not get the poultry press and would like to know more details feel free to pm me.

Stray Chicken

I found this guy pacing the fence line opposite the dogs' yard from the chickens the day I was leaving town for Thanksgiving at my folks'. Put him in a pen by himself. His comb and wattles doubled in size by the time I got back. He must have been dehydrated.
What do y'all think of him? Type wise.

I dont think he's a leghorn, looks more like a california gray hybrid.
Stray Chicken

I found this guy pacing the fence line opposite the dogs' yard from the chickens the day I was leaving town for Thanksgiving at my folks'. Put him in a pen by himself. His comb and wattles doubled in size by the time I got back. He must have been dehydrated.
What do y'all think of him? Type wise.

This is NOT what I was expecting in a Leghorn...

Friendly, calm, attached... cuddly... My hatchery Brown Leghorn, Zoe, after she jumped up onto my husband's arm for the attention during some yard time.

We are just smitten with her.

This is NOT what I was expecting in a Leghorn...

Friendly, calm, attached... cuddly... My hatchery Brown Leghorn, Zoe, after she jumped up onto my husband's arm for the attention during some yard time.

We are just smitten with her.
Cute!!! My chick likes it when I pet her ANYWHERE but her back. She kind of squeak/purrs when I do that and bobs her head around nervously. XD

Back
Top Bottom