Post Pics of your Leghorns

Pics
I don't have that many pics of Snowball, but here she is:

Sorry about the bad image. Snowball is our best layer of our trio. I think Leghorns are a good breed. :)
I will try to take more (better) pics soon

Last edited:
Mine are pretty good layers, but they're still young. Their eggs are quite a bit smaller than some of my bigger chickens... does egg size matter? My black australorp and barred rock X lay large brown eggs... the leghorn eggs are small compared to theirs.
My leghorn is pretty small and she lays x-large eggs. l like her a lot..especially since she is the workhorse of the nest boxes.

I just love my white Leghorn, she's really my favorite hen out of the 8 that I have (don't tell the others! ;) ). She's the leader, very confident, not skittish. Very friendly. Lays almost every day, XL to Jumbo beautiful white eggs, occasionally double yolked. She's friendly, likes to be held, and talks to me. ;) Either I got really lucky with her, or everything that people say about white leghorns isn't true. I bought her before I read repeatedly that LH's are flightly, and most likely wouldn't have bought her if I had read that over and over.

Slinglings, she is very cute! My chick is half white leghorn half production red, and I find her to be king of jumpy if you move fast, but she isn't a total spaz. XD I don't have any other chicks to compare her to, so she might be the most calmest chick ever. I don't know. She is very... umm I guess... moody? Sometimes she will be happy and content on my lap, and then all of a sudden she jumps on my head and all over the place. (which is not a good thing since she is inside, and she poops a lot.) I really need to get her a buddy or two. She gets very lonely at night. :(

O.O

thumbsup.gif

One of my show line leghorn hens decided to fly the coop and venture into the deep snow so I snagged a pic of her. Sorry about her feather condition, her rooster is rather rowdy.

Back
Top Bottom