Post Pics of your Leghorns

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OSUman, Oct 19, 2009.

1. CinnamonQueen

CinnamonQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2012
    Texas
    I don't have that many pics of Snowball, but here she is:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the bad image. Snowball is our best layer of our trio. I think Leghorns are a good breed. :)
    I will try to take more (better) pics soon

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    My leghorn is pretty small and she lays x-large eggs. l like her a lot..especially since she is the workhorse of the nest boxes.

3. 3Dchicken

3Dchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    Lol poor chicken. XD

4. archil

archil Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    she just, freezes until it flops back over, I wonder if it's attached to her brain or something haha.

5. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    Interesting thought. XD

6. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125
    I just love my white Leghorn, she's really my favorite hen out of the 8 that I have (don't tell the others! ;) ). She's the leader, very confident, not skittish. Very friendly. Lays almost every day, XL to Jumbo beautiful white eggs, occasionally double yolked. She's friendly, likes to be held, and talks to me. ;) Either I got really lucky with her, or everything that people say about white leghorns isn't true. I bought her before I read repeatedly that LH's are flightly, and most likely wouldn't have bought her if I had read that over and over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 3Dchicken

Sep 24, 2012
    Slinglings, she is very cute! My chick is half white leghorn half production red, and I find her to be king of jumpy if you move fast, but she isn't a total spaz. XD I don't have any other chicks to compare her to, so she might be the most calmest chick ever. I don't know. She is very... umm I guess... moody? Sometimes she will be happy and content on my lap, and then all of a sudden she jumps on my head and all over the place. (which is not a good thing since she is inside, and she poops a lot.) I really need to get her a buddy or two. She gets very lonely at night. :(

[​IMG]
    O.O

[​IMG]

8. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    One of my show line leghorn hens decided to fly the coop and venture into the deep snow so I snagged a pic of her. Sorry about her feather condition, her rooster is rather rowdy.

[​IMG]

9. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    [​IMG]

10. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Pretty! I'm getting some LB Leghorns from Duane Urch this spring, I can hardly wait!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by