Post Pics of your Leghorns

Turkey(the leghorn) laid her first egg two days ago.

Is that a rose comb leghorn?

She sure does look a gorgeous clean white!

Is that a rose comb leghorn?

She sure does look a gorgeous clean white!
i dont think so...it has small points so just a small single comb i think. All of our girls have big floppy combs i have noticed black specks on their combs though, not sure what it is but i am pretty sure they were not there before. I'm thinking maybe they came from a warm barn and got a bit of damage on their combs when they got to the cold coop.

When it got really cold last year, a couple of my single comb gals got black spots, one had a penny sized black area right at the fold... I was worried that it was frostbite and would rot out in the middle of good flesh so cause lots of problem/ infection or who knows..

However, it healed up just fine.

Wild really.

When it got really cold last year, a couple of my single comb gals got black spots, one had a penny sized black area right at the fold... I was worried that it was frostbite and would rot out in the middle of good flesh so cause lots of problem/ infection or who knows..

However, it healed up just fine.

Wild really.
Then i wont worry to much about them lol....my first thought was fowl pox but they were vaccinated so cant be that.

Back
Top Bottom