Post Pics of your Little Tikes coop

goochgirl

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
I've been trying to get a playhouse for over a month on CL, and finally scored one today! Unfortunately, its the really small one with the half door. I've only seen a pic of one like it here, so I'm looking for ideas. I have to get it made this week. I'm thinking about mounting it on top of the run and making it a mini tractor. Its still light weight enough that I should be able to move it around the yard.

That would be a really good idea. The longer I have mine in the one I have, the more I wish I had built it differently. It's a bugger to get into and clean. Do a search and you can find a few that are really nice. They have been put up on platforms.

Mine is sitting on top of a platform so there is a sheltered area underneath. The chickens have finally learned to go under there when it rains. I have clear vinyl pieces that velcro over the windows to cut wind and rain. The windows are also covered with hardware cloth attached from the inside with washers and screws. The seams in the roof are sealed with silicone caulk. The nest box extends out one window. I made a large door to cover the half door and just open and close them both. The roost is a free standing thing that sits inside. There are a few little openings here and there I closed by screwing pieces of 1x3 over. Four birds use this as a sleeping place.

40541_playschool_coop_2.jpg

Here is a picture of our Playhouse Coop..... We just picked up a second one and will be expanding into a "duplex". Hope this helps!
56030_coop1.jpg

56030_coop2.jpg

56030_coop4.jpg

56030_ramp1.jpg

Hi These are adorable thanks for posting. We are thinking of doing this as well. Anyone have any more
Pics or advice. Things not to do or do lol

Back
Top Bottom