*Post pictures of your duck pen/coop!!* :)

[@=/u/58702/4theloveofhens]@4theloveofhens[/@]

Very nice! I wonder about the plastic roof on the nest box. I wonder if the light would make them less likely to use the nestbox.

Great looking coop!

@Alaskan  - the roof is metal :) It's pretty dark in there

Oh wow! It looked so much like clear plastic..... Silly me.

This is my pen. I keep them in there during the day while at work and let them out when home. We cannot really leave them out unsupervised due to a lot of coyotes in the area. They still love to come in the house at night to sleep. We set up a kiddie pool with cedar chips for them to sleep on. Very easy to change and now that they are older, the smell is almost gone. I don't know why. I plan on making a permanent sleeping area in my laundry room that can be tiled for easy cleaning.

Now that is an amazing duck pen. I could live in that myself.

Thanks, but it looks like the place you already have is pretty nice! We're hoping to put our house up for sale and look for property in the country the same as you did. We're really scrambling to try to get this place on the market sometime next spring. The only problem with the pen is that it's one more thing for me to really dread moving.
sickbyc.gif

Thanks, but it looks like the place you already have is pretty nice! We're hoping to put our house up for sale and look for property in the country the same as you did. We're really scrambling to try to get this place on the market sometime next spring. The only problem with the pen is that it's one more thing for me to really dread moving.
sickbyc.gif
I really wish you luck. I know that there are places out there. We found this place just looking online for what we could get and taking a Sunday drive. We knew the instant we saw it that this was the place and then we had to fight for 3-4 months to get it. But every bit of blood, sweat and tears were worth it the first night we spent here. When we were getting ready to move there were some things that I had that just could not be moved. I was about to just scream and throw in the towel when a neighbor dropped by to see if we were selling anything. He called some of his friends, we had an impromptu moving sale and I sold everything (16x16 foot shed, tons of woodworking tools that weighed tons, boxes of stuff that we had moved in our last move and never unpacked). Made our move a lot smoother, everyone got what they wanted at bargain prices and we walked away with several thousand dollars in our pocket. So, don't dread moving the pen, it will all work out in the end.

I really wish you luck. I know that there are places out there. We found this place just looking online for what we could get and taking a Sunday drive. We knew the instant we saw it that this was the place and then we had to fight for 3-4 months to get it. But every bit of blood, sweat and tears were worth it the first night we spent here. When we were getting ready to move there were some things that I had that just could not be moved. I was about to just scream and throw in the towel when a neighbor dropped by to see if we were selling anything. He called some of his friends, we had an impromptu moving sale and I sold everything (16x16 foot shed, tons of woodworking tools that weighed tons, boxes of stuff that we had moved in our last move and never unpacked). Made our move a lot smoother, everyone got what they wanted at bargain prices and we walked away with several thousand dollars in our pocket. So, don't dread moving the pen, it will all work out in the end.

What do you mean about fighting to get it? Bidding war?

Back
Top Bottom