Post some Autumn photos!

Well I have 4 in the incubator. Waiting patiently. If they don't work I want to get day olds, but my impatient boyfriend wants layers for the instant gratification. I want to be able to handle them and acclimate my dogs to them so I would rather start off with the chicks. We will see...I guess we sort of got off the fall subject, sorry!

Well I have 4 in the incubator. Waiting patiently. If they don't work I want to get day olds, but my impatient boyfriend wants layers for the instant gratification. I want to be able to handle them and acclimate my dogs to them so I would rather start off with the chicks. We will see...I guess we sort of got off the fall subject, sorry!

Best of luck with your hatch :fl

Pretty fuzzball @sue25

Having to wait so long to figure out gender has to be frustrating for silkie owners. If she's a 'she' do you plan to use her as a broody? I hear they're great at that.
I actually have a project pen with Brahma/Silky mixes in it the.hens in the pen are.my broodies. They make excellent mother's and broodies. In fact I sell them to people who want broodies to hatch eggs from other breeds. A lot of folks don't want to use baters and have better hatches with there broodies.They are bigger then the dainty silkies but stay Bantum size. However since they are a little bigger then the silkies they can sit on more eggs.
Here are some of them.You may have seen them on other threads.
_20171004_114510.JPG

I actually have a project pen with Brahma/Silky mixes in it the.hens in the pen are.my broodies. They make excellent mother's and broodies. In fact I sell them to people who want broodies to hatch eggs from other breeds. A lot of folks don't want to use baters and have better hatches with there broodies.They are bigger then the dainty silkies but stay Bantum size. However since they are a little bigger then the silkies they can sit on more eggs.
Here are some of them.You may have seen them on other threads.
View attachment 1169580

Very pretty birds!

I don't k new what happened but I stored getting notifications! THese are all are great pics and it really doesn't matter if they're fall or not. Starting to go cools in lots of places anyway.

Put up whatever pics you'd like, its great to see all of them.

He is a beautiful roo.
Thank you. It took us awhile to get the type of roo we wanted and a color we liked. We want to raise a limited number of them just for fun. We hatched some Orpingtons earlier this year and we loved it and want to do it again with them and our Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom