Post Surgery Tips

Pekin Princess

Hatching
Feb 6, 2015
Surrey,UK
Hello all,

I have had my Pekin Bantam girls for about six weeks now and they are 24 weeks old. My little Bea went in for a surgery on her impacted crop yesterday, it all went well and she is home now. The vet gave me a bag with a horrid stinking ball of grass and straw that came out of her, it was all knotted up and completely rancid so no wonder she has been feeling so terrible.

Because she has been ill, she hasn't been putting weight on and is very unsteady on her feet. At the moment she is in the run but separated from the other girls in a pet carrier with water, which has probiotic in it and a bowl of softened pellets for food. I have never been in this situation before so I'm going on my gut with what is best. I'm at work at the moment, not concentrating on my tasks because I'm worrying that Bea is too hot, too cold, too sleepy, not eating enough, eating too much.

If any one of the Chicken Mama's out there has any post op recovery tips I'd be appreciative as I'm beside myself with worry. I can't wait for 5.30 so I can get home to my poorly girl. xxxxx

Back
Top Bottom