post you mallard duck photos here

big_smile.png
he is unbelievably adorable! I never knew ducks had so much personality!

They sure as heck do! I always knew they had to some extent but never this much. I was raised around chickens and although I love them, they're just a bit...eh, "simpler" than my duckies. :3

My best friend (who is Russian) went to tractor supply at Easter and gave us 3 of the 6 as a SURPRISE :) I have 2 house cats and a great dane and a bird dog....sigh....what's a few ducks? But everyone has their own space...I inherited the entire 6 two months ago. Eddie likes his belly and head rubbed. I've never seen anything like it. The pekin and black swedish hens pur when I pet them. Im duck crazy.

This is Daffy the rescued wild mallard duckling found in a paddock with no mother or siblings in sight 33 days ago. I think he was only a day old, he arrived with splayed legs and what I think was an air sack rupture. He blew up like a balloon that first night and after doing extensive research on the net I had to prick him with a needle to release the air so the air sac could heal. It was nerve racking to say the least. He/She was only a day old. I pricked him holding my breath and to my surprise the air was released. The next day he was a different little duckling. I had to do it again the next night and since then Daffy has grown into a healthy loving duck. Daffy loves cuddles and is now the most spoiled and loved duck in NZ... People are amazed at how cuddly this adorable wild duck is.. It is fair to say my husband and I have fallen head over heels in love with Daffy, he brings so much joy to our lives and the lives of those he meets. Enjoy this little clip...
0.jpg

This is Daffy the rescued wild mallard duckling found in a paddock with no mother or siblings in sight 33 days ago. I think he was only a day old, he arrived with splayed legs and what I think was an air sack rupture. He blew up like a balloon that first night and after doing extensive research on the net I had to prick him with a needle to release the air so the air sac could heal. It was nerve racking to say the least. He/She was only a day old. I pricked him holding my breath and to my surprise the air was released. The next day he was a different little duckling. I had to do it again the next night and since then Daffy has grown into a healthy loving duck. Daffy loves cuddles and is now the most spoiled and loved duck in NZ... People are amazed at how cuddly this adorable wild duck is.. It is fair to say my husband and I have fallen head over heels in love with Daffy, he brings so much joy to our lives and the lives of those he meets. Enjoy this little clip...
0.jpg
What a great update on such a sweet lil duck.. you all have done a great job with Daffy.

Back
Top Bottom